5 chosen biology partner

It's Friday morning already. How the week has flown by. I haven't heard from my father. My mother is coping pretty well. I try to be there for her, it's the least I can do for her now. It seems like nothing is going on, or almost nothing. It is mostly very quiet at home but that has its advantages too. For instance, there is no more screaming, which does me good.

I've decided I'm going to have a serious talk with Kailey today. She has been acting rather weird and quiet for the past week. I need to know what's going on.

That's why I asked her to have dinner at our favourite little restaurant this afternoon after school. Funnily enough, she said yes. I'm really curious to know what's up. Hopefully it is not because of me that she is behaving like this. But for that, I still have to go to school. 7 o'clock class today.

I stand by my locker and look for my key. I grab in my bag annoyed. Where could that key possibly be? I quickly check my phone to see what time it is. Shit, my biology class starts in five minutes. Kailey, Megan and Vanessa are already in the classroom. Suddenly I see Jordan coming towards me. What the hell is he doing here?

"What are you standing here stressing about?" he asks, laughing.

"Yes I lost my key to my locker, I urgently need my biology book because my class is about to start!"

I get more and more stuffy. To my surprise, Jordan suddenly helps me search. After five seconds, he already has the key.

"I found the key! It was just lying on the ground 10cm away from you." Says he as he holds the key in the air.

I suddenly feel so stupid. "Oh uh yes thanks." Stutters I.

"You're welcome." Says he with a crooked smile as he walks away.

I quickly open my locker and rush to the biology classroom.

When I grab the door handle and open it, Mrs Clerks looks at me angrily.

"Good morning Miss Evans, do you have a good explanation as to why you are late? Or is it best to send you to the secretariat right away?" she says annoyed.

"I uh, my locker..." I stutter.

Jordan interrupts me.

"Madam I just ran into her at the lockers, she didn't find the key. She needed the key to get her biology book out." Says he in a confident voice.

"For this time it's fine Evans but don't let this happen too often." Says she slightly irritated.

I quickly look around searching for a seat. Fuck almost all the seats are taken. Kailey is sitting next to Quinten. Vanessa is already sitting next to Megan. The only seats left are next to Sophie the bitch of the class and the one next to Jordan.

Sophie quickly puts her bag in the free seat. She runs her finger through her curly brown hair. She looks at me with a dirty look. That leaves one option, sitting alongside Jordan. I look up to it. Nice that he looked with me for my key but he's still full of himself and thinks he's everything.

Megan turns back. She looks at me angrily and dubiously. Surely I can't help it that their two exes are exes.

Vanessa also turns around and winks at me. It makes me chuckle. Jordan looks at me questioningly.

"You like sitting next to me so much, is that why you're smiling?" he asks teasingly.

He slides his chair closer past mine and looks at me questioningly.

"No, not everyone is at your feet hehe. Or is that hard to believe?" I snarl at him.

He is silent, which is also for the first time. I finally put him in his place. He slides his chair back and turns to face me. He acts as if nothing had happened.

The lesson was almost over. I grab my things and put them in my bag ahead of time. Until Mrs Clerks sees through me.

"I see some students are already packing their things." Says she as she looks at me." Leave your stuff for a while I still have to make groups of two for a project. Kailey, Vanessa, Megan Quinten, Melanie Jordan, Sophie Samuel,..." Did I hear that right. Me with Jordan? You've got to be kidding me. Why doesn't that woman just put me together with Kailey or Vanessa. I look at Jordan. Jordan doesn't give me a glance. What's wrong with him? The bell rings and I walk with Kailey to our next class, art. Jordan and Quinten walk to the gym together.

***

760 words

Like and vote