20 proposals

I walk to the transportation facilities. I see cars, mopeds, buses and, fortunately, cabs. the cabs line up one after another, waiting for tourists. I walk up to a cab and luckily the cab driver knows the resort! Fortunately. The cab driver is a boy at most 4 years older than me, he has brown hair and a golden tan from the sun. He has a cute smile. Okay Melanie here you don't have time for this, I think to myself. By now almost noon and I am dying of hunger. I haven't had time to eat a sandwich since I spent all my time in the toilet eb sweating and dehydrated.

Sweat is running down my back. I ask if the air conditioning can be turned on in my best angels. "Hey, could you please uhm turn the air conditioner on?"

"Yes of course we can." Says he.

I am startled. I didn't know he's Dutch at all. He looks back smiling. He probably heard that I was startled.

"You probably won't expect me to be Dutch-speaking, the thing is, my mother is Dutch and my vaster Italian. And as a summer job I recently became a cab driver since I just got my driver's license, I was the first of my group of friends as an 18 year old though. Oh by the way my name is Lorenz. Now it's your turn,..."

That Lorenz has no trouble telling his life stories, for sure. Now I can start.

"I'm Melanie, I turn 17 this week, I'm here on a school trip, my school left without me. Now I'm sitting in a scorching hot cab on the way to the resort and almost falling down from hunger."

Smiling square at me, he finally turns on the air conditioning, thankfully, and looks back. He looks right into my eyes. Only now do I see what beautiful hazel eyes he has. He is still smiling. It slightly irritates me.

"Sorry to hear that but left behind by your scool?" he cries out. Until he sees we are almost there. His laughter disappears.

"Here it is, your school trip can begin. And when is your birthday?"

"Friday."

"Okay well, see you then. Have a nice trip."

He stops and takes my suitcases out of the trunk. When I get out and he has prepared the suitcases right in front of me, he leaves again immediately. What does he mean by "see you then. He doesn't even have my number. He must have made a mistake. I look ahead in amazement. We are in a huge resort with a huge hotel. But then I explore later. Right now I want to check in and rest.

I walk behind a small woman from the front desk, she takes me to the rest. I have just checked in but am required to attend a briefing. The little woman stops and says something in Italian. I don't understand her but think I understand her. Here is probably the briefing. I pull open a large door. Behind the door is a large hall with red carpet. The hall is full of 5th and 6th years. I see Kailey and Vanessa sitting in a corner. I walk toward them as fast as I can. I see Mr. Clerks looking at me with a relieved look.

Kailey looks at me happily.

"Hey, there you are finally! We tried calling you, but you didn't answer. Mrs. Clerks hasn't started her sermon about the trip yet, but it should be any minute now. Sit down here quickly, we left a seat for you.

SomehowI had hoped Ms. Clerks had already finished the briefing but I put up with it.Fortunately, she didn't even notice I was gone. I sit down next to Kailey, andthe briefing begins.

** 

Don't forget to vote

626 words