𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔶-𝔗𝔴𝔬|82

"I don't know if we should trust her," Elias spoke as Xavier and Barkley shrugged their shoulders. On the other hand, X trusted no one, and they were right to wonder about trusting the woman. Too many people had been killed by people they trusted. The best option was to use the woman, and if she turned out to be trusted, let her live. However, the decision was up to Barkley since the woman nearly killed him.

"Have we not taught you a damn thing, Lias. Trust no one. Don't get sidetracked by a pretty face and innocent eyes—"

"What the fuck you trying to say, Eli?!" Riley asked as he started to laugh. Nicely Xerxes placed a calming hand on her shoulder, causing the woman to look back at him with a sigh. "That was directed at me, Babygirl. However, I can say the same about you. I'm not the only one with an evil dead wife, bitch." X spoke as Elijah flipped him off.

"Can we get back on track?" Luca asked as X and Elijah continued to bicker about nothing until their father hit the two in the back of the head. "LISTEN DAMNIT! The two of you argue more than your fucking children— look, it's not about trusting the woman, Elias. It's about if she could help us get to the man we are looking for. Put it this way if Evan ran from his father, why do you think she wants to do the same thing?"

For a brief moment, everyone in the room went silent, looking at one another before nodding. Luca was right; something had changed. A year and a half ago, she was right to kill for her father. Now she wanted the man dead. It was an act to get of father's love which failed horribly. Evan spoke many times before. No matter what they did, they could never get their father's love. Pierre wanted tools, not children. It made one believe they weren't his children. Why else would one but their kids on the front lines before them?

"She realized that she could never win her father's love."

"Exactly—"

"It's obvious that the woman who acted just like this man would understand."

"ELI, WHAT IS YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM TODAY?!" Adele's voice boomed across the room as her shoe flew with it. Everyone around him jumped up and ran, knowing more things were about to follow, while Luca, Xerxes, and Reece laughed. As always, Elijah was high, and with the medicine he was on, the shit didn't mix well. "FUCK MA! THAT SHIT HURT, AND I'M BLEEDING!"

"More than your fucking head will be bleeding in a minute— keep running your mouth! Tell Riley you are fucking sorry!" She yelled as the man looked over at the woman and then back at his mother. "Ma Dele, it's okay—"

"No, it's not okay! You have come a long way, and Elijah knows that... we have too much fucking shit on our plates to be throwing shots at family members." She sighed, but Riley understood Elijah was trying to get under her skin. He wanted her to blow up at him as she normally would. A day never passed without them getting into it about something, and Riley was sure he missed their fights.

"Sorry, damn. Shit, Dad is Ma on her period— oh damn, I forgot she doesn't have those anymore. Menopause got you cranky?" Elijah laughed as everyone sighed. "GET OUT—"

"MA, I WAS JUST PLAYING!"

"I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT BEFORE I KILL YOUR LITTLE ASS! LUCA, YOU BETTER GET YOUR MUTHAFUCKING SON BEFORE I MURDER HIS ASS!" She yelled as Luca rubbed his hands down, his face turning to Elijah, telling him to leave. Normally it was them into it, but today Eli wanted to try a new target. Getting on Adele's bad side was never a good thing unless you wanted to be hurt.

"Ever since Mel died, he's been worse. Dee, you know he's doing that to deal with his pain."

"You're right and wrong, Par; Elijah is high as fuck and says the first thing that pops into his head. He smokes more because he thinks it helps, but his mouth never changes. He likes to get under everyone's skin. Today he wanted to try his mother and nearly lost an eye." Luca didn't think the man would ever learn to keep his stupid comments to himself.