𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞-𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓|67

Xavier knew he wasn't Don anymore, but at least his dad could take him seriously. It had been weeks, maybe a month in a half since he talked to him about traveling to Florida, and the man hadn't given him an answer. He talked about wanting Pierre out of the picture but focused on work and his pregnant wife more than the issue at hand. It was all good since Zay had the same things on his mind. Every day that passed, Shanice was getting bigger, and he knew it would be long before his babies arrived.

He worried.

He worried that Pierre would use their children against them as he did with Omarion. Xavier worried he would succeed in killing one of them this time. He couldn't afford to lose another family member and definitely not his children. His near-death experience was enough to open up his eyes. Zavier didn't want to live this life this way. He knew there was no walking away, but at least he could try to stay out of others' way. They all wanted to honor Axel's last wishes, and after this was done. They were going to try.

Fuck all the drama and putting themselves in others' business. If it wasn't family related or had anything to do with the union. It was best for them to stay quiet. His father agreed, and so did his Opa. This was the end for them, that much he knew. However, another sigh left his lips, causing one of his dogs to lift their heads while Raya made her way into his lap. In a lot of ways, she was like his father. She could feel when something was wrong with him, and her eyes did the same shit his did besides showing emotions.

The girl hardly ever cried, and it freaked out Shanice. If she was upset, her eyes would change to blue, and she looked so much like his little brother, which made it hard to believe he didn't belong to their father, but that was a thought for another day. Xavier needed his mind on his family, the woman laughing at the television in front of him, and the beautiful baby girl he held in his arms.

"Twin, I thought we were having a movie night, not sitting and thinking about work you gave up," Xylia spoke, breaking his thoughts. Xavier smiled at his sister before kissing his daughter. "You know I know you better than anyone in this room. Spill it."

"There's nothing to spill. I thought Dad would have given me an answer by now. It's been weeks." He spoke, making Barkley hum as he rubbed his beard. Rajesh did the same but pulled Eva to his chest while she slept. "He seems like something else is bothering him but won't talk about it." Xavier ended.

"I think he is waiting it out. Going to Florida now will put all the pregnant ones in danger. Think about it Xylia is seven or eight months pregnant with triples, and your wife, Yejide, and Amoy aren't far behind her. Eva may not be that far along, but I don't want her in danger. Plus, I'm not a doctor, but I don't think Shanice is going to hold out any longer... I saw her ankles." Rajesh spoke, pointing at his wife swollen ankles. He was right, her blood pressure was all over the place, and Faith had spoken of putting her on bed rest. Still, his father could tell them what he was doing since they always kept them in the loop.

"Shit, I would say let's take care of the shit ourselves, but I don't have the time or the patience for those niggas shit. They all whine like bitches, especially when shit isn't done to their liking. Pierre will get his Zay, but until then, let's sit back and relax. We gave up the title for a reason for now and agreed to let them handle everything with little to no input. If you didn't want to give the shit up. You should have said so." Elias said while Ryleigh started to laugh.

"Nigga, you know Zay is like Dad and Opa. He doesn't know how to leave shit alone, but it's a good thing. For real, though, let them handle this, Zay. Pierre is out of you, Ziggy, and Barkley's life. He doesn't know if the tables have turned or if the Jamaican mafia is no more. Coming at you will mean war on everyone under our mafia. Dad is smart; we all know this. He's strategizing, and when he does that, his plans always come out on top. Believe in that if you don't believe in anything else."