𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊|3

"Today is a big day for me, dad. I shouldn't be doing this. You're supposed to be woke doing what you do best. I-I'm scared they won't respect me the way they respect you. What if they think I'm not the best fit for Don? Or look at me as being too young? I know I trained for this but in the back of my head. I think I am not worthy." Xavier said as he did what he did every day. Come talk to his father as he moved his legs and arms. Today he was feeling indifferent about the situation placed on his shoulders, but he wanted to prove that he could fill his father's shoes just as he did with his father.

"I knew I would find you here. I was coming to read to him before tonight. I know I normally do it at night, but since you and Elias are getting sworn in. I thought now would be a good time... Xavier, I don't know why you question yourself, baby. You'll make a great Don. I don't like all the work and pressure it will put on you, but I will support you and be there when you need me to as your Donna and wife." Shanice said as Xavier walked over to her embracing her for a moment when she jumped. He knew what it was. His father's eyes were open, and it scared her each and every time.

"He's crying." She said, making Xavier turn to his father and seeing tears run down his face. It was new for him, and he didn't understand what was happening. On the other hand, Shanice walked over to him, wiping his eyes as she kissed him on the forehead and told him everything was okay.

"I read coma patients cry because they are in a dreaming state, which could also mean he is fighting to wake up. Whatever it is, I think it's a good sign. I hope it's a good sign. I miss him, and I know you do too."

"Every day, I hate that I can hear his voice. Laugh when he is yelling at one of the quints or Elias for saying something fucking stupid." He said, sighing as his mom walked in with a smile. Xavier returned it, but hers turned when Amoy walked in behind her.

"Mi didn't come here to fight with yuh Riley. Mi wanted to come to see mi Papi before getting ready for tonight. Mi didn't know that yuh, Xavier, or his wife was here. But how is he doing, Zavier?"

"The same... he cried. So that was something new. I already moved his muscle. So don't be in here doing that shit, but I think Shy wanted to read to him before she got ready." He said as his mother's eyes looked at the book in Shanice's hand, then back at Amoy with a smirk.

"I can read to him. You can leave to get ready, Shy."

"Umm, no, ma'am, this is something I do with him. I usually bring Raya with me so he can hear his granddaughter while I read. You are welcome to stay if you like." She said as Riley shook her head, leaving the room.

"Amoy, my mom doesn't mean any harm...."

"Bumbacolt, she hated me and blamed me for leaving her husband. Riley told me that herself. The only wrong Mi did was sleep with yuh dad while they were still married. Mi knows Mi shouldn't be talking to yuh about this... sorry. Shy yuh can read to yuh father-in-law. Mi wanted to give him an update on his son and kiss him since it will be late before Mi gets back." She said, walking over to Xerxes and kissing his lips before telling him she loved him and leaving. Xavier followed behind, leaving his wife alone with his father to read.