𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔶-𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫|87

"I thought Eva was seven months pregnant," Elias spoke once they stepped off the plane. Obviously, he wasn't paying attention or too fucking high to remember that it was a month ago and a few days after Rajesh left to resign as Don. As of now, Eva was a week away from her due date, which was the perfect time for most to go into labor.

"Lias, that was a month ago. Stop getting high and listen to conversations. If you and Jide haven't learned, that's how miscommunication happens." Ryleigh smiled, patting her cousin on the shoulder as she passed him. Xerxes and Riley chuckled while Luca and Adele shook their heads. "Pedro still hasn't proposed. What the fuck is that boy waiting on." Adele whispered.

"The right time, Liebe—"

"Or waiting to see if he can make X and Riley grandparents again." Nova laughed, making the two look back at her with their brow cocked. "I happened to like being a grandma—"

"Good, then. I hope you're prepared to have your sons fighting over a girl for the first time." Luca laughed, nodding his head towards Lyric and Roman. "Both been eyeing Raven. I would talk to them before it's too late." He spoke as Xerxes looked back at his sons one last time, confused. Last he heard, Lyric had a boyfriend, or it could have been another girl. Lately, he couldn't keep up with the boy.

"I'll speak to them, but not at this moment. We need to get clean and then visit my daughter at the clinic. Speaking of which, Rajesh, get your ass there now before you miss the birth of your son. Oh, one more thing— Ezra, we need to talk." X said, making the boy quickly turn to him with a confused face. He knew what it was about, and Xerxes was trying to give him time to come to him first, but he saw it wasn't happening.

"Y-yes, sir."

"Good grief, son. Why you looked so damn scared?"

"Shit, I'll be scared too if a big ugly ass Ape was looking at me." Elijah laughed, making Luca grab him as he tried to pass. "You don't want none—"

"Elijah, son, I'm really trying not to end your muthafucking life right now but keep fucking with me, and I'm going to do something I have done in years. Do you want to act like a child? I'll treat you like one." He spoke, patting his face with a smirk. "And give me this shit. Go sober up."

"Please tell me he's not popping pills, Luca." Their father shook his head with a sigh. "Liebe, I don't know what he is doing lately. Eli likes to dance around his issues. He tells me and the others what he thinks we want to hear. He lost a part of himself, baby... a big part of him I wish I could bring back, but I can't. Losing Melody broke all of us, but it broke her twin more than I like to say— He and Zakiya are having problems, and she thinks he may be cheating on her."

"Elijah is not cheating, Dad, but he does keep showing up on my fucking doorstep in the middle of the night. I know I shouldn't be breaking our code. I promised him I wouldn't say anything, but he was still not sleeping, at least not at home. He keeps talking about seeing Melody standing over him—"

"Maybe she's trying to tell him to let her go. Her spirit can't move on because he is holding her here. I have this lady in the city—"

"Hell no!" Adele yelled, making everyone standing there laugh. "Jide sweetie, we know you like the supernatural stuff. Hell, I do, too, but we're not bringing a witch doctor into our community." Yejide looked between everyone standing there as Elias laughed, shaking his head, and Xavier turned away, trying not to look in the girl's face.

"She likes the term, Gypsy or fortune teller."

"I'm sure she goes, and if it's the same woman, I'm thinking or. She's a fake. A money-hungry bitch. Stop going to her Yejide. Although you do have a point." Luca spoke, making Adele look at him like he was crazy. "Baby—"