𝕺𝖓𝖊|1

~Six Months Later

"I don't know what to do," Xylia said as she paced the floor of her home while Barkley stood back and watched, holding Omari. Her dad was still in a coma, and now the doctors were saying he may never wake up. It was something about being under for too long, and they probably would have been better off letting him die.

"Empress, yuh need a break. How about Mi take yuh out for dinner tonight? Yuh mi and our little man. Or just yuh and mi. Mi knows Xavier and Shanice won't mind babysitting."

"They have their own baby to worry about. I can't have them running after Omari while trying to care for baby Raya. I'll ask Ava. She's not doing anything." Xylia sighed as she felt Barkley's arm wrap around her waist, pulling her back to him. He was supportive of the whole situation. Shit, he was by their father's side almost every day as if he was his father talking to him, hoping he would wake just like the rest of them.

"If that is what yuh want...."

"Do you think it's right for them to appoint Xavier and Elias as Dons? I don't doubt my brother or cousin, but they don't know for sure if my dad will wake up or not. I think they are pushing this on them. In two weeks, they will be sworn in as Dons. Then all of the other ones step down except Uncle Hiro. I know Uncle Reese was hurt and nearly lost a fucking leg, but Jeremias just said fuck it, and Uncle Hiro was the only one that thought to stand by their sides... and you, but you aren't even part of The Oni. I know Ying Lee is dead, but what if another mafia sees this as a way to take over?" She spoke as Barkley stood there nodding his head. It seemed he was hiding something from her, and Xy didn't like it.

"What are you hiding?"

"Nothing Empress. Mi just luv the why yuh are concern about yuh bredda and cousin but remember they were appointed Dons for a reason. Plus, mi don't think anyone wants to fucking with Xavier. Mi helped the mon torture Ying Lee; it was like he wasn't even there. Not that much scares mi, but yuh bredda did. Elias may be a goofball, but that mon is just as crazy. Mi took his ass on a mission with mi two months ago and watched the mon kill twenty men with his bare hands. They are fucking crazy, and Mi thought Mi was. Stop yuh worrying, yeah. They will make great Dons, and they hav mi and your uncle to guide them." He said, kissing the side of the head, making her smile, especially when she felt their son's little hands touch the side of her face, whispering mama.

"I don't see why you keep coming back after I told you to stay away from my damn daughter. Give me my grandchild...."

"Mi don't mean no disrespect Miss Riley, but this is my child, and yuh daughter is my gurl. Mi luv her, and yuh can't get rid of mi that easy now if yuh excuse mi. Mi have to take my son to the doctor for my Empress." Barkley spoke, kissing Xylia once more as she kissed him back before leaving.

"I am trying to be fucking nice to you! But You can't be coming to our house demanding my boyfriend to leave. Do I come to yours telling Tobias he must go? What do you want, Ma? I'm stressed out enough, and I don't think I can take you talking shit about the man I love today because I may be unable to hold my tongue or my hands."

"What is up with you and your father with these fucking Jamaicans. You are in love with one, and Amoy is fucking pregnant by your dad. If it even his." Riley said as Xylia stared at her as if she had lost it. Of course, the baby was her father's. The woman found out the month after he was hurt that she was pregnant exactly a month after his birthday. Did they care? No, but it was bothering the woman that ran off and got pregnant by another and not to mention had another man father a little boy their father thought was his for three years.

"It's nothing wrong with us. They are people just like you and me... you never told me what you wanted."

"I-I... daughter, mother time. Maybe a spa date we can go and get our nails done or something." Riley said, making Xylia turn to her with her brow arched. She wanted something because, just two days ago, the woman told her that she didn't want anything to do with her if she continued to see Barkley now; she wanted to do a mother/daughter date.