𝕿𝖜𝖔|2

"I don't know if I can do this without you," Xavier said as he tended to his father. He watched as the brain activity spiked, causing him to smile, knowing he could hear him, but it didn't make him feel any better if he wasn't awoke.

"Can I help?"

"Mom, why are you here? Don't you have a husband and daughter with whom you should be? I am not trying to be mean, but this isn't your job, and I know Tobias has to feel some type of way. You can't leave someone and then run back into their life because they are lying in a bed unconscious. It's okay to worry about him and hope for the best, but you're not looking for any of that. You're hoping he will wake up and his memory will be gone? Are do you think if he wakes up and you are here, he will take you back, and all will be forgiven? Whatever it is, you are setting yourself up for your feelings to hurt. Stop while you are ahead, and I don't need your help." He spoke as Riley took a deep breath behind him.

"You and your sister really do hate me. Don't you?"

"I don't hate you. I dislike what you did, but I don't hate you, Ma. However, I can't speak for my twin. If you want Xylia to come around, you have to accept her decisions. She loves Barkley; he hasn't been anything but good to her. Since the day Omarion was born... hell, before that. But Since his birth, Ark's been by her side, helping Xy with Omari and loving him as if he was his own. He never gave up on her, even when it looked like she wouldn't notice him. The man turned down other women's advances because he was determined to have Xy as his girlfriend... his wife. Not all Jamaicans are the same. I bet you don't even remember why you hated them."

Riley stood in the doorway of his father's room, scratching her head, but she never said a word. His mom had so much hate in her, and she didn't know why or how to release it. The woman was confused about her own decision, and now that she realized it was too late to turn back on some of them. He felt sorry for her, but it was up to his mom to find her way again.

"I need to speak with your Opa. Do you know where he is at?"

"His office... Mom, please give Barkley a chance; you will see that he is good for Xylia. He makes her happy."

"What about that whore? Does she make your dad happy?" She asked as Xavier looked back at her shrugging his shoulder.

"Stop calling her that, but I guess you have to wait until dad wakes to find out. My swearing-in is tomorrow. I hope to see you there." He said as his mother turned and left. After Xavier noticed his father's finger tapping as if he was trying to communicate, making him take his hand, holding it, and talking about his daughter, Shanice, and Xeon being back.

"Da Luca, can we talk like we used to?" Riley asked as he pointed to the chair in front of his desk

"Da Luca, can we talk like we used to?" Riley asked as he pointed to the chair in front of his desk. For the first time, she actually saw the man wearing his glasses beside contacts. They looked good on him, and it made Riley smile. No matter what, he was always understanding, and she knew he would help her.