𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔶-𝔒𝔫𝔢|81

"This feels like we are babysitting them, Adriel. I think we should have let them handle this on their own." Riley spoke as everyone looked toward her. It made her feel uncomfortable, but they were their Dons and Donnas at one point. In her mind, they could handle this small mission on their own, but something told her it was something else on X's and the other's minds. Maybe it was their careless actions or concerns about what happened to Xavier in Japan.

Riley could see that her son had worked through his issues from that day. It took time to work through, like any other person, but he had his family. His wife and children, plus them with that, she knew he wouldn't let a thing stop him. It made her hate herself for not seeing what her children meant to her sooner, but she planned to make it up to them every day from now on.

"It's not babysitting them, Riley; it's called having their backs. We don't know who Pierre has on his side in Florida. There are too many mafias there, and not enough of them are on our side. If he's desperate enough, he used them to his will."

"I think the man is too fucking dumb to do some shit like that," Riley spoke as she thought back on all the things he had done in the past. He never sought help from anyone, and she didn't think he would do it now. Pierre was probably up to his old games, looking for ways to attack them, and couldn't see past his pride. Meaning he would never see them coming.

"I have something in mind— what if we take this from another angle? Major is his son and right hand. What if he doesn't see his dad's views the way he does?"

"Riley, that's a bad fucking idea—"

"Paris, let your daughter speak. I think she is on to something.... also Vic, do something for me." Adele spoke as she whispered something into Victor's ear, making Riley smile, looking between the two women as the men stared at her to finish. "I think we use Major. Or Pierre's daughter... maybe both. Something about this makes me feel they are not on his side."

Obviously, Xerxes agreed because he quickly pulled out his phone, texting Vince and Leah while Luca typed away on his phone. It was only a thought, but she had a feeling they didn't want the same thing as Pierre, but if it wasn't true, she could be leading them into a trap. Riley hoped it would work. "I got a number—"

"How? Vince and Leah are still working on it."

"Why would you text them when we have Evan? Or did you forget we have access to his old phone? Victor is sitting right here, and all he had to was access his data." He shrugged, making Adele and Nova laugh as Xerxes rolled his eyes, texting his cousins never mind. Like the rest, his mind was elsewhere, but it didn't stop him from asking his father for the number as Luca refused and dialed it himself.

"Asshole—"

"Tell me something I don't know." He laughed, making Adele shove him while he pulled her into a side hug and kissed her cheek. 'Who is this, and why do you keep calling me back-to-back?'

'Major—'

'Who the hell is this?'

'If you let me finish, you would fucking know. I don't take kindly of people interrupting me. Now if you would so kindly shut your fucking mouth and listen, I'll tell you who I am. Can you do that, Major?

'Yeah—'

'Yeah? I know you were taught better manners than that son.' Luca spoke as the rest of them laughed in the background. Major was a bit confused about what was happening on their end. It was about respect, and if Pierre had never taught him, Luca would.

'Yes, sir, I can do that.'

'Good. I'm Luca Köhler... I know, shocking. My introduction wasn't the reason I called. Sadly, we need something from you, and this something may or may not save your life. Are you following me, Major?'