𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞-𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊|55

"Why didn't yuh tell Elias and the quints about the party and how yuh planned it?" Ziggy asked as he bounced his daughter in his arms. Xavier thought it would be Ava with the separation problem since she loved babies, but it turned out to be Zig. However, the man loved his daughter and cousin, so Xavier couldn't ask for anything else.

"It's called a surprise party for a reason, Zig. Since Elias's birthday is two months after his wedding, I thought it would be better to have his birthday party now. We don't know what could happen between here and now."

"When are your siblings' birthdays?"

"The week of the wedding. They were born two weeks after we turned a year old. My mom went into labor early, and my dad had to deliver them by himself. I think two of them were born naturally; the others were c-sections... you need to be getting ready. Give her to one of the nannies. She's safe here." He said. After the attack that almost killed his father, Xavier and the others made sure to find ways to cover all of the failed points on their grounds. Any point that could be used to slip in or out of their community was close and guarded, and they had move security which included the police force and military. Not only that, all of their workers had to get a background check which they dug in places no one would think, and they went under harsh testing that caused half of them to quit.

"Mi knows. It's so hard to let her out of my sight... I wasn't there as I should have been with my son. Mi have to make sure that I'm here for her." Zig spoke as the nanny walked up, talking the baby from his arms with a smile. She allowed him to kiss her before Zig left to shower and change while Xavier went to find his father and Amoy.

"I don't care what you do, Riley. If you like the man, say that you like him. I don't know why you think you need my approval to date."

"It's not about approval Adriel. I'm asking you what all you know about him. It seems he and Rajesh have been friends for a while. You know him well, so what do you know about Dylan." Riley asked as she looked around Xerxes to Xavier. He stood in the doorway listening to his parents' conversation, although he knew he should have walked away.

"Zay, why are you standing there like you are ready to kill someone? I hate when you and your twin do that shit. It is a thing called making your presence known."

"You're into Dylan? You know he's Jamaican, or has he been hiding it with that American accent for you? The man is a skilled killer who can impersonate about every accent worldwide. It would be best if you didn't fall for someone and then realize he wasn't what your thought he was. Other than that, Dylan's a good guy. Is he escorting you to the party tonight? By the way, you look beautiful, Mother." Xavier spoke, making his mother look down at her dress with a smile.

"Thank you, and yes, I knew Dylan's Jamaican. He let his accent slip a few times before your dad and Amoy told me, and Happy Birthday. You look quite handsome yourself tonight. I always liked to see you, your father, and Opa in suits since you hated them." She spoke, walking over to him and hugging him.

"I have your birthday gift, and don't tell your wife I gave him to you," Xerxes said as he walked away for a minute, allowing Xavier to turn back to his mother.

"Where's Amoy?"

"I don't know. Shouldn't that be something to ask your father? I found him in his office the same way you did. I was looking for him to ask about Dylan. You walked in two minutes after I found him... Zay, I'm trying to move on. Please work with me because I'm trying my best here, and it hurts, but I wasn't here to try to seduce your dad or anything." She said while he stood there studying her as his dad returned with one of his dogs from the new litter.