𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊|49

"Xerxes!" Riley called out as she saw him walking from the clinic. Xerxes didn't feel like being bothered today but knew Riley wouldn't stop until he talked to her instead of walking away, which probably would have led her to follow him. Xerxes stopped and slowly turned to a smiling Riley with a cocked brow. For some reason, she was oddly happy, and he hoped it wasn't what he thought it was about.

"What?"

"I need to talk to you... I promise it's not about us in any way."

"There is no us to talk about, Riley," Xerxes said as he turned and started to walk for her to follow. He wasn't about to stand out in the sun while she ran her mouth, and Riley knew it, so she started to walk behind him. "You said you wanted to talk. Then talk."

"I'm sorry... I know I've been saying it a lot, but I never meant it. Today I mean it... and. And I need your help with Josiah. I know what I did wrong, but I need him to understand that it was the old me, and I'm trying my best to change for him, Avery, Xeon, Tessa, and Harper. I was wrong about her; she's a sweet girl, and I shouldn't have treated her like I did. None of this was her fault; she didn't ask to be brought into this world. Plus, her mom was bullied into this mess. I see that now. The only thing is, I don't know where to start. I was hoping you could help me with that." She spoke, making Xerxes stop and turn towards her.

"Is this one of your tricks so we can spend time together...."

"What?! No! Adriel, I mean this. It has nothing to do with you." X stood there studying the woman for a minute as he thought about handling the situation. He knew Riley and all of her games; for some reason, this didn't seem like one of them. So, he caved.

"Bab... Riley, I don't know about this, but if you want to make things right with our children, talk to Josiah and Harper about your wrongs. Tell them you are sorry and show them you will do better. Not me. I can't hold your hand and help you through this. You did this, so you have to make it right."

"I-I know I said this wasn't about us, Adriel, but I know you feel it too. The connection we have; will never go away. One day... one day, you will find yourself back here with me; until then, I will keep my distance from you and Amoy."

"Umm... BabyGirl, let me be clear. You and I are over; there will be no finding my way back to you because I meant it when I wiped my hands clean of you. Ja, there is a strong connection, but it cannot be. I like this, Riley. She isn't second-guessing herself or worried if I'm cheating or with who. If we were to get back together, that demon would show her ugly face back on your shoulder. Mariah ruined us, and her voice will always play like a broken record in your ear if that would ever happens. I don't want to break you again or have you think if I would ever go back to Amoy. I love her and can't see myself hurting her as I hurt you."

"Good, but what if...."

"No! Hell No!" He laughed. "That would be a disaster, and you know it. Neither you nor Amoy knows how to share, and I'm not to be shared."

"Adriel, you are fucking nasty! I wasn't about to suggest having a three-way relationship with you and Amoy. Oh, my fucking gosh! I was about to say what if I told you I met someone?" She said, shaking her head as he laughed. He couldn't help it; it was the first time he heard Riley laugh for real in two years.

"I would say good for you. Who is he?"

"Dylan James. Rajesh, right-hand man, he says I don't know how to love others, and he can teach me that. First, I have to learn to let go of you... but how do I do that?" Riley asked as X stepped forward, taking her face in his hands. Gently he placed a kiss on her forehead before kissing her lips. Riley took advantage of the situation by slipping her tongue past his lips, and he allowed it before stepping back.