𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞-𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞|68

"Zay, are you alright?" Xylia asked as she walked into his house, seeing him bend over against the counter. He was fine, but occasionally, he would get small pains he couldn't describe. Plus, his asthma acted as if it wanted to take him out. Other than that, Xavier was fine, but his main worries were about his wife. The further Shanice got into her pregnancy, the worse things got for her. First, she was diagnosed with diabetes, then it was high blood pressure, and now his Oma was talking about one of the baby's hearts being too low.

He was under a lot of stress for a twenty-year-old, and he had to relieve some of it by returning his title to his father. Truly it wasn't hard to do; in Xavier's mind, he didn't see himself fit for Don at the moment. He needed time to grow, and so did Elias and, apparently, Barkley. Zay's main focus now was on his family, which most thought he was too young for. Maybe so, but it was his choice, and he loved it. Xavier knew it was going to hell and back if it meant he was protecting his wife and children—also, his siblings and the others.

"I'm good. Getting shot multiple times is a bitch. Even after healing, I feel pains that should be there."

"Tell me about it, and it doesn't help that we are both hardheaded as hell. Maybe if we would have rested like we were told—"

"I did rest as much as I could. I couldn't have Shanice running about seeing me when she needed someone to help her. I'm part of why she is in the shape she is now. All that fucking stress caused her blood pressure to rise; now she is risking having our babies three months early." Xavier sat and sighed. He knew his twin understood his pain. Xylia always did. He was scared for his wife and three little babies because of the shit that stupid people did.

"Shy is strong, and so are your babies. Even if she had them early, they would be okay... where is she, by the way?"

"Bed, Faith... well, Oma put her on bed rest. The less movement she makes, the better for her and the babies. They want to see if they can get baby number three heart rate to rise; if not, they are taking them tomorrow."

Again, he sighed as his twin took a seat and hugged him. This may be a good thing. She spoke, making him pull back, looking at her bright smile. "Why is that?" He asked as Xylia looked down, making Xavier's eyes widen, looking from her to the floor.

"Noooo.... Xylia, how the fuck are you going to come to my house and go into labor?!" He asked as she smiled, shrugging her shoulders.

"You act as if it's my fault. I didn't tell your nieces and nephew to make their appearance now." She spoke as he stood pacing the floor, trying his best to stay calm as he called his Oma and Barkley. Xavier knew they were talking about Xylia could go into labor early, but she was still a few weeks away from her due date, but for her to come to his home and do it was killing him, and just when Xavier thought his day couldn't get any worse Shanice popped up in the kitchen.

"Shy, why are you out the bed."

"I think— no, I know the babies are coming." She said as Xavier looked between her and his sister. The devil was testing him today, and he felt like taking his gun to his head. "Tell me you are lying...."

"No, she isn't lying, little brother—"

"HOW ARE YOU SO FUCKING CALM!" He yelled quickly, making his way to his wife, picking her up, and carrying her to the couch. Zay did the same with his sister, then called his father, Mary, and one of their other doctors to his home. It wasn't surprising at all that his father was the first one there checking the two women, and his mother followed, along with Amoy, who arrived at the same time.

"We need to get them to the hospital now. I'm not trying to alarm you... no not hearing one of the heartbeats. I may be wrong, but she needs to get to surgery now...."