𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕺𝖓𝖊|31

"You should come to me the moment you found out this fucking information!" Xerxes yelled as Xavier sat there staring at his father. He didn't have anything to do with it, and it was no reason to inform him about what he had found out about Tobias. Zay didn't even tell his grandparent or the other Dons until after the fact, and he was doing the same with his father.

"Why did you need to know? It was information given to me as Don, and I took care of it."

"I hate you sometimes. You're just like me... does your mother know? We can't risk your her relapsing, Xavier. Riley has been doing good, and Rebecca was talking about letting her come home soon. Lie to her if you must tell her he up and left." X spoke as Zay shook his head. He didn't think it was wise to lie to his mother for the truth to come back and bite him in the ass later. Xavier didn't know exactly where he and his mother stood, but they were good, and he didn't want to change that.

"Nein, if I lie, it will only come back later and bite me in the ass, dad. Sadly, Tobias was the one getting used. I don't know what his plans were originally, but mom placed herself between them. The man loved her but conspired with the enemy. I would have let him live if it was only the Madison stuff but Ying Lee... so I'm telling mom."

"Fine. Maybe it's best for her to know the truth... I know you had Leah or one of them dig up something on this woman my wife is asking to bring here. What do we know? I don't want it to be something like it was with Mariah, having that so-called best friend whisper in your ear type shit." He said, changing the subject, which Xavier was glad for him to do.

"You don't have to worry about her. Keisha will be the one that needs her best friend whispering in her ear. I don't understand how anyone ends up in an abusive relationship like that. To make matters worse, stay when you know things aren't getting better."

"Sometimes it programming. It comes from someone being raised in an environment like that, and it's the only thing they know. Most of the time, it is because they are scared to leave or don't have nowhere to go." His Oma spoke from the doorway, causing Xavier and his father to look at each other.

"Sorry, Oma, I didn't see you there."

"Baby, you have nothing to be sorry for. I know this because I was raised in an environment where I was beaten as a child. You can't run when no one listens to you, leaving no one to turn to. Everyone that knows about your Opa and me always asks, why didn't you run? Why do you let him do you like that? It was because I was programmed... it was the only thing I knew from when I was old enough to remember. All I wanted was for my dad to love me. Instead, he hated me with his all." She shrugged with a sigh. "As I tell everyone, you Opa's beatings were nowhere near what I got from him. Those were love hits. In other cases, people are too scared to leave. Afraid the person will find and kill them or fear they will find someone worse. So don't judge a book by its cover, but... I'm here for a reason." She pointed at a chair while both men nodded for her to sit like she needed their permission.

"This girl; I know you think we need to train her if needed, but we need to wait. Don't push her into the ring or learn how to protect herself just yet. Let her ease herself into it. Amoy also informed me that Keisha has two young boys. I don't know if she told you, but I'm sure she told her husband, so for the moment I recommend her to stay at the main house, Xerxes. Only to ensure that she feels safe, I talked to the girl over the phone and ensured she knew the rules of coming here. Amoy had informed her already, and I would like to learn more about Tobias."

"Ma...."

"I was talking to your son... our Don. Not you, Xerxes. I was the one who allowed him in, and I want to hear the truth about his death. No lies, no sugarcoating it." She said as Dele turned to Xavier, causing his father to sigh.