𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞-𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊| 69

Xerxes had so much to do and very little time. With all the new evidence piling on his desk, he didn't know which way to turn, but he knew something had to be done about it. As for now, it would go on the back burner until he knew for sure what he was dealing with. No lie, it was stressing him and keeping him from the main objective, which was Pierre. The funny thing was the man had been too quiet for him.

The man probably thought his son was dead because they never stopped the fake news from airing. Xerxes believed the man was planning something big and was scared to see what it was. They couldn't afford to lose another family member. Melody and Erik were two, too many, and he and Xavier were almost number three and four. They were too easy on some folks, and it was starting to show.

"Daddy."

"Not now, Eva—"

"It's dinner time, and they sent me in here to get you. Opa said you have three damn minutes to get your white ass in the dining room, or he's coming to beat your ass like he did when you were a child." She laughed as Xerxes stopped what he was doing, looking up at his daughter. Her belly was growing, and it angered him every time he saw it. She could have had any man, but she wanted Rajesh, who liked to abuse women during sex. Xerxes may have been into that shit, but what he did was a little overbroad, and it showed. Every day, Eva had a new bruise on her somewhere up until recently. Xerxes assumed that he was scared he would hurt his child.

"Fine...."

"Is everything okay, Dad?"

"Why wouldn't it be?" He asked as she walked over to the desk while Xerxes started to put away his papers, but something caught his daughter's eye, and she quickly pulled them out of his hand. It was too late to hide it, but he could only hope he could trust her.

"Is this true?"

"I don't know yet, so keep it between you and me. I mean it, Eva, you and me— I'm trusting you. No telling your siblings, Rajesh, Mom, or Amoy." He spoke as she smiled, hugging him before kissing his forehead. "I promise, but if you find it to be true. Do what you must do. Know your entire family will stand behind you. Whatever your choice may be." She smiled, hugging him again.

"This is why I love my children so fucking much. If the world started to fall around me, I know you all have my back."

"It's us against the world, Dad. We'll ride or die for our family... Now come on before Opa comes in like a staving willow beast. You know how Opa gets when his old ass is hungry." She laughed, making him as X locked away his notes and followed behind his pregnant daughter to his dining room.

"Papi, yuh know yuh have to eat. Why yuh be locked away in that damn office all day." Amoy asked, making Xerxes smile before going over to his wife and kissing her sweetly. "Mi luv yuh."

"I love you too, Sweetheart— Who cooked."

"Why? It wasn't your rat-looking ass. Was it? Elias and I did... oh, and your little ugly nigga rat...."

"Uncle Eli— you know what, next time I won't help you do a damn thing since you gotta called muthafuckas out of their names. News flash, your ass is ugly too. Elias, you good?" Xavier asked, looking over at his cousin holding his head. After his seizure a few months ago, Elias had been having terrible headaches but nothing that stopped the boy from smoking his weed.

"I'm good. Hungry as fuck, and Unk's ugly ass was taking his sweet time like no one wanted to eat. Shit, we need to change the rules of eating. I don't understand why we must wait for our Don to show if he's going to be fucking late."

"I wasn't late...."

"Bullshit! We've been sitting here for fucking ten minutes, and I'm hangry." He spoke as Xerxes laughed. "Plus, there are pregnant people here—"