𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊|73

"You think Xerxes went with the plan?" Adele asked Luca as he sighed. He knew it was a hard decision to make. His sons had fallen in love with that woman to find out she was using him. Luca couldn't lie; she had covered her tracks well until recently. Amoy had gotten too comfortable and fucked up, but the worse part was she was living with Barkley and his family, and they were on her list to kill. One would think she had started to care for them, but it was hers and her mother's MO. Make them think they cared until that fatal moment.

"I don't know, Luca. I think she didn't go through with her plan because she actually does love him...."

"The last man she murdered thought the same thing. The only difference was she didn't have his children. Amoy had to bait our entire family into believing she loved Xerxes, and maybe she did, but the thing is, Liebe; she conspired to kill us, and they were ready to make their move. It was all in her notes. I knew I should have listened to my instincts, but I was blinded by what Riley had done to our son— I blocked them. I had doubts from the moment that woman showed up in Jamaica, but she seemed to turn out good." He sighed as Paris and Rodney walked in, confused. They were out of the loop, and it was surprising Riley hadn't told them since Xerxes told her.

"What did she do now?"

"Paris sit—"

"Dee, it's late, and I don't feel like listening to my daughter's drama. I knew she was going to crack again. I was just counting down the time." She spoke as Riley, the twins, and AJ walked in. Ri frowned, listening to her mother speak ill of her while Neveah chuckled, taking the seat next to Adele as Heaven hugged Luca.

"Nice to know how you feel about me, Mother, but no, I didn't crack," Riley spoke, making her parent look at each other, relieved. "I told you not to trust that hoe... I should have known not to trust her, but I thought she was a good person after getting to know her, but I guess it was a fake face." She sighed.

"And that's why I never trust her. I told y'all she was up to something, but no one wanted to listen. Shit, I do work for the police... the commissioner, if I may add." AJ spoke, making Paris look between them, more confused now than before.

"Okay, I'm confused. Who are we talking about?"

"Amoy." Adele sighed, making Paris's head turn back to her slowly. It was a surprise to all of them, and Luca normally was the first to know or notice someone's strange behavior, but this time, it was AJ. He warned Xerxes before marrying her that something didn't feel right about her. He refused to get to know her and hated that she had his brother's children. Luca thought the boy was crazy doing a DNA test on Jazlani, but it was the right call even know she turned out to be Xerxes's child.

"A— Amoy w-what did she do?"

"She played us, Ma. She played his all... Amoy and Tobias. Apparently, the two knew each other— the whole plan was to break Xerxes and me apart to infiltrate our mafia and take it down from the inside, and we fell for it. Me being the dumb spoiled brat, saw a person that wanted to listen and be there at the right time. Amoy was to work at X while I pushed him away... we were fools, and it cost us." Riley spoke, wiping her tears as Neveah pulled her into a hug.

"There is no need to cry. We have a job. Xerxes said he would meet us and a few others at the warehouse. We have at least sixty or more people to kill. What's left of Otto's little army of followers all die tonight, and after we move in on Pierre— While I'm thinking about Heaven. Go get Keisha."

"Do you think she's one of them?"

"No, but the man she was married to was. I want her to know that her so-called best friend set up that relationship, and he was fucking her while beating Keisha until she met Xerxes and started her mission... Riley, stop feeling bad about yourself. Tobias and Amoy's targets were you and Xerxes. You both fell for their game and will get through this." Luca spoke, leaving.