Chapter 51

"Come on petal, you need to wear pants."

Jungkook just shook his head as he took a look at the sweatpants that V was holding. "Only hoodie." He mumbled, staring at the male with his puppy eyes.

V let out a loud sigh, "Why?"

"Not comfy." Jungkook muttered, pouting. He placed his hands on his mouth, sweater paws covering half of his face, only his eyes left uncovered.

V scanned the boy in front of him from head to toes and his eyes set on the milky white thighs of the boy. The hoodie only reached the boy's mid thighs, barely covering him.

"Petal-" V just stopped in the middle of his sentence when Jungkook stared at him with his sparkling doe eyes, blinking them effortlessly.

The older male let out a loud breath before pinching the middle of his eyebrows, scolding himself, "Why the hell am I so whipped for Jungkook?"

After the small battle in his mind, V finally set his gaze on Jungkook again. The boy was still staring at him with his head slightly tilted to sideways.

"Fine fine, you can wear like this."

"Yay!" Jungkook jumped up, hopping around like a little bunny. Then he stopped jumping, before looking at V with shiny eyes, "Thank you hyungie!" He said sweetly.

V felt his heart melted by the bunny smile on the boy's face.

"You're welcome, petal." V said, bending down a little, "Come on, I'll carry you downstairs."

Jungkook nodded his head as he wrapped his arms around V's neck and jumped up, his legs wrapped around the older male's waist.

V just put his hand under the boy's bum, carrying the boy with one hand, another hand used to open their bedroom door.

A small reminder, Taehyung was still asleep.

They started heading downstairs. The guards bowed to them when they walked passed. Normally, Jungkook already used to their bow since he literally grew up with them bowing at him.

But right now, he felt rather uncomfortable with them. He hides his face in the crook of V's neck, letting out a small whine.

V heard it obviously, even though it was just a small noise that Jungkook made. "Are you okay, petal?" He asked.

Jungkook shook his head and this immediately brought up the protective mama bear mode of the older male.

"What's wrong, hmm? Tell me." V said softly, trying to get the boy talking.

"Too many guards." Jungkook muttered, still hiding his face.

"Oh." V quickly made eye contact with the guard that stood beside them. The man quickly bowed again, showing respect to the older male. "You all can take a leave today." He said, earning a small 'yes' from the guard.

All the guards felt slightly disappointed since they'd been with the younger boy from the first day he came to the Kim Household. They're going to miss the bubbly boy from now on.

Nonetheless, they took their leave, walking out of the house in a straight line.

After making sure all of them left, V softly called out for the boy in his embrace, "Petal? They're all gone now."

Jungkook slowly removed his face from the male's neck, taking a small peek at the surrounding. A satisfied smile decorated on his face when there's no one else other than them in the hallway.

"Hyungie, I'm hungry." Jungkook mumbled, grabbing the collar of V's shirt.

"Again? You can't drink too much blood, sweetheart." V furrowed his eyebrows, feeling rather surprised.