Chapter 34

"Kookie, look at that boy! He looks cute!"

Jungkook took a small glance at the boy that Yugyeom was pointing at. He let out a small scoff, "Seriously Gyeomie? You said someone cute in front of me? I just can't seem to find someone cuter than me in this world!"

Yugyeom just rolled his eyes at the narcissist comment of the boy. Yes, he's trying his best to change his crush. After crushing so many years on Jungkook, he finally can move on from the ethereal boy.

But what Jungkook said is true. He can't seem to find someone cuter than him.

"Maybe you should stop hanging out with your handsome hyungie. He brings you bad influence." Yugyeom said, receiving a glare from Jungkook.

"Oh look! That boy looks hot!"

Jungkook just stared at the boy whose Yugyeom's pointing at, letting out an unamused chuckle. "You know who is hotter? My Taetae hyungie and V hyungie."

Yugyeom got no words to argue with Jungkook. When Yugyeom was young, when he doesn't know how to appreciate hotness and handsomeness, he only finds the twins scary and mean. But right now, he could tell they're really good looking.

"Then what about that boy?"

"Too bulky. Taetae hyungie has a better body shape than him."

"That one?"

"Eww he got beard! I only found Taetae hyungie and V hyungie looking good in beard."

"The one beside the door?"

"His skin looks greasy and covered with too many layers of foundation. I prefer clean and natural skin. Taetae hyungie and V hyungie got the ideal one."

"What about that one?"

"My hyungie looks better-"

Yugyeom let out an annoyed groan, cutting  Jungkook's sentence off. The boy just stared at his friend with confusion written in his eyes.

"What?" Jungkook asked.

"Why do you keep comparing those boys with your hyungie? You're acting like a woman that couldn't stop bragging about her husband's handsomeness." Yugyeom said.

Jungkook smacked Yugyeom's head softly with his palm, his face turning red, "Well I'm crushing on then. What cha wanna do with it?" He asked, having a proud look on his face.p

Oh yeah, Yugyeom almost forgot about that. He will always remember how much his heart hurts when 15 year old Jungkook told him that he's crushing on his hyungie. That's why he decided to change his crush to someone else.

Yugyeom rubbed his head with his palm, "So what about your 'getting-hyungie-become-your-boyfriend' plan?"

Jungkook's smile fell after hearing his friend mentioned that. "Failed. They rejected me." He replied, lips were pouty.

"What happened?"

"I kissed them, confessed to them and I even seduce- Does that count as a seduce? Whatever I did so much for them!" Jungkook complained, counting with his fingers, "I even fell for myself so why they don't have any feeling for me?"

Yugyeom rolled his eyes at the narcissist boy, but he still said, "Give them some time, Kookie. They treat you as their brother for so many years. It's hard for them to accept this."

Jungkook nodded his head, "I agree with you. That's why I'm not planning to give up! I'll make them marry me!" He said, hands turning into fists while his eyes sparkled.

"Fighting, Kookie!"

🌹🌹🌹

"I'm back-" Jungkook let out a loud gasp when he saw Seoyeon sitting on the couch, hair tied up into a bun as she flipped through pages in the book that was placed on his lap.

"Eomma!!" Jungkook claimed loudly before rushing towards the woman.

Seoyeon looked up, smiling as she spread her arms wide, welcoming the boy to her embrace. Jungkook easily wrapped his arms around her body and hugged the woman tightly.

"I missed you, Eomma!"

"Eomma missed you too, sweetie." Seoyeon said, running her hand up and down on Jungkook's back, "I see you've got your pets?"

Jungkook nodded his head eagerly. "Hyungie bought them for me!"

"What was their name again?"

"Little tiggy is called Doremifa and the snake is caked Solatido." Jungkook muttered with pouty lips, "And when you combined them together, it will be Do re mi fa so la ti do~~" he sang out.

Seoyeon pinched Jungkook's nose, making the mischievous boy giggled out loudly. "Only you can think of such a unique name out." She commented.

Jungkook just shrugged, getting down from Seoyeon's lap. "Eomma was reading something just now? What is it?" He asked, pointing his finger at the closed book.

"Ah, this..." Seoyeon suddenly let out a small laugh, "It's a photo book, sweetheart. I've collected all photos of different girls and put them in this book."

"Why would you do such thing like that?" Jungkook voiced out his thoughts, tilting his head sideways.

"I guess your hyungie haven't told you about this huh?" She asked.

"About what?"

Seoyeon cupped Jungkook's cheeks with her hands, squeezing them as she found a confused Jungkook was indeed a cute Jungkook. After earning a whine from the boy, the woman finally spoke, "About them finding a partner!"

Jungkook's whole body froze. "Partner? As in-" "Yes, life partner. A sister in law or brother in law for you. Aren't you excited, baby?"

"W-What?" Jungkook couldn't believe this. "I thought they wanted to stay single..."

"I thought so too." She let out a small sigh, a happy sigh, "But yesterday they called me that they're ready to start a relationship with others! So I quickly come back to choose a suitable one for them."

Ready to start a relationship and a suitable partner? Jungkook just felt a million of arrows shooting straight through his heart, causing an unbearable pain for him.

Does that mean he really doesn't have a chance anymore?

He backed away suddenly, startling Seoyeon.

"Are you okay sweetie? You looked kinda pale-" "I'm okay, eomma."

Jungkook forced a smile out before walking away. His steps were draggy, different from his usual skipping and hoping one as he doesn't have energy to walk more.

Once he left the living room, tears filled his eyes up. Soon they slipped out of his eyes, rolling down from his cheeks and landed onto the floor.

He sobbed, wiping his tears with his hands but he just couldn't stop his tears. His heart was left broken and no one was there to pick the broken pieces up.