Chapter 45

"I'm your mother, Kookie. Quick, call me eomma. I've been missing you calling me that."

"M-Mother?" Jungkook stammered, couldn't believe what the woman just said. He stared at her in shock. She looked young, is it because she's a vampire? Right now he inspects the woman closer, he did find her face features resembling his a little.

Jungkook wasn't sure what he should feel right now but he knew grief already ate him up. The mother who abandoned him in the alley, the mother who kidnapped him, the mother who's now pressing a dagger against his neck, how dare she call himself his mother when she's literally doing crazy things that a mother will never do?

Suddenly, Jungkook let out a small laugh. Soon the laugh turned loud as he stared at Hyemin, lips still stretched out, forming a smile.

"What are you laughing at?" Hyemin growled as she grabbed Jungkook's chin, squeezing them tightly with her fingers.

Jungkook let out a wince, but the smile on his face still remained on his face, "I think you mistook me as your son. I'm Kim Jungkook and I only got one mother. Her name is Kim Seoyeon, not Jeon Hyemin."

"Believe it or not, you're really my son," She whispered before shoving Jungkook away. "I was the one who give birth to you, the one who feed you-" "And the one who abandoned me in the alley, right?"

Jungkook let out a loud scream when stabbed the dagger in his right shoulder. The pain was unbearable to the boy, but he still tried to look unbothered to the woman. He glared at her, only received a snort from the woman.

"Remember, you're now a hostage. I can do whatever I wanted to you. So be careful with your words. You don't want to end up having bloody scars on your body, do you?" She asked, again having a terrible looking smile on her face as she dig the wound deeper.

Jungkook's eyes were teary, "Why are you doing this?"

"To get what I should get." Hyemin shoved her son away, making the boy almost fall backward. Thankfully he didn't, or else he'll definitely get a large wound on the back of his head.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked, watching the woman pacing back and forth.

"You know, Kim Seoyeon actually wanted me to be the twins mate. I was so closed to get what I want, but you interrupted my plan. If it wasn't you, I would've gotten all power," The woman turned around and glared at her son with her blood shot eyes. "And riches. I can do whatever I want with those things. But you, you ruined it!" She screamed out and pointed a finger at Jungkook.

Honestly, Jungkook just felt pure disgust towards her words. His stomach was churning and luckily he didn't eat anything, or else he would have thrown up now.

"Thank god, I abandoned you in the alley and the twins took liking to you. So I can continue my plan, to ruin them with my hands by stepping on their weakness and replace them!" She said before laughing non stop and it actually worries Jungkook.

The way that the woman behaves was definitely not normal.

"Then why did you even give birth to me?"

The woman stopped her laughs. She stared at Jungkook with a blank gaze. "What do you think? I was pregnant because of your idiot, useless father!"

"You can choose to abort me! Why you didn't?!" Jungkook asked. He could notice the woman went panic but just for a second, she was back to her usual self. The woman continued to stay silent.

"I got no choice-" "Don't tell me you're in love with my father?"

Jungkook flinched, choked on his breath when Hyemin wrapped her hand around his neck, long fingernails sticking out as she grabbed his throat tightly, using her thumb to press on his Adam apple.

"Don't be ridiculous, sweetheart." Hyemin gritted out. She watched Jungkook struggle, face getting red due to lack of oxygen, "I will never fall for that useless human. I let you stay in my belly because I thought you'll be a vampire. Turns out, you're just another shit. If not because of your father who protect you, you were long gone back then! So I straight away threw you in the alley once he passed away. Who knows Kim Seoyeon will adopt you?"

She let Jungkook go and the boy instantly breathed heavily to get his normal breathing back. His head got dizzy but he tried his best to stay awake.

"So using you against the twins is the best choice." Hyemin whispered, lips forming a small smile.

"You're so disgusting!" Jungkook shouted out, only earning a slap from the woman. The slap was so hard until the corner of his lips were bleeding and his inner cheek also got accidentally bitten by his teeth. The ironic taste in his mouth reminded him that the woman in front of him is strong and merciless.

It's better for him to not utter a single word from now on.

"Don't talk nonsense, son. I'm just a bit selfish, definitely not disgusting." She laughed, "Have fun staying here to suffer! Your hyungie will come soon."

She turned her heels, about to leave but suddenly she halted her steps. "Before I forget..."

Turning around, she fished out her phone from her pocket, positioning the camera with Jungkook in the centre. "Need to give some hints to your dumb hyungie so that they'll come and save you quick. Smile~" She said.

Jungkook just glared at her, lips sealed.

She clicked the button and took a picture. She inspects the picture, making sure it contains the surrounding so that the twins can maybe track where Jungkook was. She grinned in satisfaction, "I just love to see the bratty face expression of yours, Jungkookie. This photo is so good,"

She walked towards the door and left before saying, "Goodbye. Have fun!"

As soon as the door clicked shut, Jungkook was left alone in the small, dark room. Shiver ran down his spine. He's shaking like a leaf because he's drenched wet.

"H-Hyungie..." he whispered. He can finally feel all the pain now. He felt his heart got squeezed painfully as his biological mother's words kept on replaying in his mind now.

A tear slowly slipped out of his eye, "Save me..."