Chapter 23

Jungkook swayed his legs back and forth as he waited patiently for the twins, sitting on Taehyung's chair that was too big and high for him.

He was having his small backpack on his back, hands holding a bottle of banana milk and a few candies that were given by Courtney.

He opened the wrappings of the candy and about to put it inside his mouth. Suddenly a stare on his back stopped him.

Jungkook turned around and found Taehyung staring at him with an indescribable expression on his face. The male looks like he's going to cry soon but at the same time he's trying to stop the urge to cry.

It's an expression that Jungkook used when he ate something wrong and couldn't stop poop-

"What's wrong, hyungie?" Jungkook asked, tilting his head.

Taehyung walked forward as he kneeled down on one knee in front of Jungkook so that he could share the same eye level as the little boy.

"Are you okay, hyungie?"

Taehyung sighed heavily upon Jungkook's question. "Bambi..." he called out softly, placing his hands on Jungkook's legs, "Can Bambi not go to kindergarten?"

"Hyungie doesn't like Kookie go to kindergarten?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung shook his head furiously after that.

"Why?"

Taehyung just pouted, bottom lip jutted out. He looks exactly like a little baby at that moment. "Hyungie doesn't like it when everyone loves you... I just wanted to have you by myself. You're too precious for me, my only treasure. But now, those kids in the kindergarten get to touch you and talk to you. I just... don't like it." He confessed.

He lowered his head, laughing himself in his mind. He doesn't understand why is he so childish. Jungkook probably will think he's childish too-

Taehyung raised his head up when he felt Jungkook patting his head with his small palm. The older man felt warmth on top of his head as the boy didn't remove his hand.

"Kookie understand, hyungie." Jungkook said, smiling cutely, "Kookie doesn't like it too when someone else touches Kookie..." he muttered.

Taehyung stared at the boy with hopeful gaze, hoping the boy will say he'll stop going to kindergarten-

"But... Kookie needs to grow up too! Kookie needs to learn how to write, how to count! Kookie needs new friends!" Jungkook stated, started counting what he should do with his little fingers.

He again gave the older male a wide smile. "And hyungie needs to remember, though Kookie goes to kindergarten and grow up, Kookie will always save the best for hyungie." He muttered.

He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on Taehyung's right cheek while the older man was still in daze, "Kookie woves you and V hyungie, more than how Kookie woves others."

"So hyungie should control the feelings," He then landed a few more pat on Taehyung's head, "Because Kookie always will be yours."

Taehyung stared at the boy and he doesn't know why but his eyes started to get teary. Jungkook was looking exactly like a little angel, so generous and an expert in comforting people. A few words from the boy was enough to calm his jealousy down, his jealousy that he couldn't find any ways to calm down.

Somehow he envies the boy as he's already so mature despite having an age of 5.

He bolted up and hugged the small boy tightly, closing his eyes shut. A tear slipped out from his eyes, rolling down from his cheeks. "Hyungie loves you too, so much. Thank you for existing in the world, for me and V."

Jungkook giggled out, "You're welcome!" He said loudly as he patted Taehyung's back. "Where's V hyungie?"

Taehyung unwrapped his arms around Jungkook, using the back of his hand to wipe his wet cheek quickly. "H-He's still in the bathroom I guess." He mumbled.

"Then later hyungie send Kookie to kindergarten?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung nodded his head hardly. "We will send you there."

🌹🌹🌹

Jungkook sat obediently on the chair. He again felt stares on him. He looked up, just to see the drawing teacher, Mrs Lim kept on staring at him, looking really afraid at that moment.

Well, the woman just received a 'small' warning from the twins and she couldn't risk the boy getting hurt again. So she decided to keep her eyes on the little boy.

Jungkook just shrugged and started colouring his drawings.

"What are you drawing, Kookie?" Yugyeom asked, leaning closer to the boy. They're seat mates now.

"My hyungie!" Jungkook exclaimed, smiling widely when he thought of the twins.

"But Mrs Lim said the theme is 'my favourite thing'!" Yugyeom said, eyebrows furrowed, "You got the wrong theme."

Jungkook just closed his eyes, shaking his head in tiny. "Taetae hyungie and V hyungie are my favourite things! Kookie promised Taetae to save the best for him, same as V hyungie." He used the brown pencil to colour Taehyung's hair, "So Kookie saved the best drawing for them."

Yugyeom nodded his head, "Then can you draw me inside?" He asked, cheeks turning red, "I want to be your favourite."

"But you're not Kookie's favourite." Jungkook stated without looking at Yugyeom as his eyes only set on his drawings.

Little Jungkook doesn't know he just stabbed Yugyeom's heart with his words.

Little Yugyeom thought Jungkook will like him.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked the boy beside him who went frozen, gaze looking a bit blank.

Yugyeom let out a small laugh, a rather bitter laugh. He turned around, "Nothing..." he grabbed a pencil and began drawing.

Jungkook just shrugged at the weird action of the boy.

He was about to draw further, but a rose that was put by someone else on top of his drawing stopped him.

He looked up to see who's the person who put the rose, turns out it was the boy who asked him to be his boyfriend yesterday.

Jungkook just huffed loudly, pushing the rose away while in his mind, he kept on apologising to the rose. Sorry Rosie, Kookie will hug you later...

"I'm sorry." The boy said, pushing the rose back, "I'm sorry for pulling you. Please forgive me and be my boyfriend."

Jungkook sighed out, taking the rose with his hand. "Kookie forgive you." He said, earning a wide smile from the boy.

"So you're my boyfriend?" He asked excitedly. Soon his face fell when Jungkook shook his head.

"Kookie only can be your friend." Jungkook said, putting the rose away.

The boy's eyes again lit up with happiness. "Then we'll be friends! My name is Hoseok!"

Jungkook smiled too, "I'm Kookie. My hyungie call me Bambi and petal..." he said.

"Then should I call you that too?" Hoseok asked. He pulled a chair and put his beside Jungkook, eagerly sitting down to listen to the boy's words.

"No no." Jungkook said, "Only hyungie can call me that."