184 - No Such Thing

* * *

"Your grandfather wanted to come but I forced him not to because you know how much his body had become weaker recently, he needs to stay in bed longer and his doctor also forbade him to travel as of the moment," George Sullen informed, holding Daniel's hand softly with a loving smile. Truth be told, he wanted to see Daniel as much as he could but knowing that he wasn't the best father to his child, he refrained himself even if Daniel didn't mind if he really did come and visit often. For him, even if the person he wronged had forgiven him, he had already lost the chance to be a father and so he tried to distance himself as much as possible. He's well aware as well that not everyone fully trusted him after what he had done and he just wanted to avoid trouble and live peacefully for the rest of his remaining life.

"It's okay Dad. I'll visit Grandpa when I get out of here soon. I'm happy that he's fine and slowly recovering," Daniel replied softly to George, just happy that he came to visit him. Sometimes, he's worried that he had become such a bother to everyone that's why he didn't want everyone to come and visit him for this trivial matter but no matter how much he told them that they didn't have to come, in the end, they all came to visit him. For that, he's very thankful.

"Okay, I'll tell him when we get back later, I'm sure he'll be overjoyed. He's been wanting to see you but knew that your condition wasn't the best either so he refrained himself," George chatted. Meanwhile, even though he had already gone to visit the party last night despite his busy schedule and almost caused a huge commotion with Tian Zi, Joaquinn stood next to Fyre and smiled gently toward the Omega. Everyone had already gone off somewhere briefly and so the only one left in the hospital room with Daniel was Fyre when both Goerge and Joaquinn arrived to visit.

"How are you? He didn't hurt you, right?" Joaquinn softly asked. He remembered how furious Tian Zi was last night when he went ahead and talked to the Omega and so he was worried the fellow Alpha was taken over by his Alpha instinct and hurt Fyre. Alphas tend to be very possessive and jealous when it comes to their mates especially dominant Alphas like Mo Tian Zi so sometimes it's unavoidable and they could accidentally hurt their love one but seeing that there was no sign of injury whatsoever on Fyre's body, he felt relieved even though he still needed to ask just to make sure.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Zi wouldn't hurt me so no need to worry really and sorry for what he did last night," Fyre assured, smiling awkwardly. Joaquinn is his friend but after the Alpha's confession to him last night, he can't help feeling conscious. Joaquinn must have noticed it so he quickly sighed and smiled helplessly.

"It's okay Fyre and you don't need to be wary of me. I was never planning to pursue these feelings to begin with. I know that being in a relationship where my family situation is in a very sensitive phase is not a very wise decision. I only told you because I wanted you to know before I let go of my feelings... And I feel like you needed to know at least," Joaquinn expressed, making Fyre look at him. To be honest, even until now he still didn't know why such an Alpha developed feelings for him. It's not like they hang out a lot like he does with Tian Zi so there was no chance for them to get close. He wanted to ask but at the same time he knew it wasn't necessary if he wasn't even going to reciprocate those feelings.

In reality, even Joaquinn didn't know why he had fallen for Fyre. Maybe because the first time he had a deep conversation was when Fyre was at his most vulnerable state that his Alpha instincts wanted to protect him. Or maybe because he could see his mother in Fyre at that moment that he wanted to know more about him and maybe protect him as he couldn't to his mother. It just happened all of the sudden and before he knew it, it was already too late.

He tried to stop himself and wondered how this had happened but he really can't tell his heart what to feel and what not to feel. So many times he had felt helpless against these feelings because he knew even if he confessed and pursued it, he knew he couldn't afford to be in a relationship. He has so many responsibilities especially when he found out what happened to Maverick. He simply couldn't be selfish and be happy on his own.