48 - Do I Really!?

* * *

After repeatedly scolding himself not to let it get to him, Tian Zi finally stepped out of his car, exhausted, having stayed there for 30 minutes after he'd arrived. He wasn't aware at all that the person in charge of the cars had become worried as he watched his Master inside his car, pulling his own hair and banging his head on the steering wheel. The worried man had immediately called for the butler who he thought could help. But in the end, the two of them watched him as the Alpha carried out this insane behavior, ...until he was done.

Tian Zi was about to pass by the two as if nothing had happened, but the butler didn't wait. He stepped forward to greet the Master of the house, immediately burying the scene he had witnessed earlier to the back of his mind because it had nothing to do with him. Unless, that is, the Young Alpha asked him for assistance, ...if he had any problem at all. The only thing he could do was to try and distress him as much as possible. He had only been an official head butler for 5 years now and he was still inexperienced, but Mo Tian Zi was his first Master, so he knew some things—if not a lot—about his Master's mood.

"Welcome back, Young Master. Would you like to have an early dinner tonight?" After politely greeting Tian Zi, he then asked him if he wanted to eat dinner early since it looked like his short trip didn't go well and he might want to end the day early.

"No. I don't have an appetite today, so I'll skip dinner." Tian Zi replied monotonically as they finally stepped inside his house together.

"I understand. What time do you want me to serve dinner for the guest then, Young Master?" The butler asked again, which quickly reminded Tian Zi that starting today, he had a guest that would be staying with him. He was so preoccupied about Fyre's visitor that he'd forgotten that he himself also had a visitor, which was Maverick Sullen.

"Shoot! I forgot about him. Okay... Never mind what I just said, I'll be having dinner with him tonight at the usual time." Tian Zi ordered. He didn't want to force the Omega to tell him but if there was a chance, he wanted to know what had happened with Maverick for his father to do such a thing to him. It also wouldn't be bad to show some hospitality since he was the Master of the house. And it might be short, but Maverick was also his friend and somewhat part of his family. If possible, he also wanted to help him resolve his problem, ...since it would be bad if they stayed together for a long time.

"I understand. I will have dinner served at 6 pm. In the meantime, should I serve a light snack for you to enjoy?" The butler offered. It wasn't mentioned before but Tian Zi actually has a sweet tooth and enjoyed baked treats, pastries, and dessert, ...despite how he looked. That is also why he usually went to the gym a lot. Because if he didn't, he'd get fat with all the things that he has been eating all this time.

"Hmm, okay." Tian Zi replied, still sounding a little exhausted, to which the butler responded with a brief nod. He was about to go and prepare the snack but since it looked like the Alpha still had something to say, he waited for him to be dismissed.

"How is he? Maverick? Did the doctor come to treat his wounds? What about the findings?"

"Yes, Young Master. Doctor Feng came earlier and treated his wounds. Sir Maverick didn't want to share the information but Doctor Feng said he was most probably strangled hard enough for him to damage his throat. He also found a couple of bruises around his body, so he needs a lot of rest to heal completely. Anyway, I've informed Doctor Feng to keep this a secret from the Old Master and the Mistress in the meantime. As for Sir Maverick, he has been resting since the treatment and will be woken up later for dinner."

"Okay. That's good. You can go now," Tian Zi said, shocked to learn that Maverick had that much damage to his body, but was also relieved that he was going to be okay. Also, it seemed that the Omega wasn't depressed or anything, with what he'd been through. Tian Zi thought that Maverick would be crying or would do some self-harm since he was a little bit on the delicate side, but thankfully this hadn't broken him. He'd just ask him later at dinner if there was something he needed or wanted.