80 - First and Last

* * *

Tian Zi silently dragged Fyre into his room and although he was confused, Fyre let himself be pulled until they entered it and was suddenly pushed against the door as soon as it closed. Tian Zi locked him between his arms while still not saying anything until all of a sudden, he buried his face against the Omega's neck. Meanwhile, Fyre also stayed silent feeling embarrassed after the whole situation sunk in. Now that he thought about it, he didn't really see Tian Zi and Maverick kissing but it looked like it from the angle he was looking from and in an instant, the memory from 4 years ago flashed in his mind and his heart simply broke at the possibility that because of the misunderstanding they had this morning, the Alpha would choose to cheat on him.

"You really think I'm the kind of person who would cheat on someone he loves?" Tian Zi asked, still feeling a little dejected. He heard Fyre finally admit that he loved—not just like—but loved him! However, he couldn't fully celebrate it because he was seen as a cheater. Still despite that, Fyre loved him enough to even try and trust him again even though he thought he was cheating on him. Tian Zi was overwhelmed but at the same time felt off.

"Zi... I..." Fyre stuttered, not knowing what to say. He wanted to quickly apologize but he was embarrassed at his own actions. It was him who made a mistake this time so he should apologize. He should've calmly inspected the situation before jumping to conclusions.

"Even if I was... please don't forgive me so easily... You can kick and punch me if you want. I mean, I wouldn't cheat on you but if I did—which I won't—but if I did—which again I won't—I don't like that you'd rather hurt yourself and put up with me than escape the situation." Tian Zi said, which woke up Fyre from his own thoughts and had his eyes widened in shock as he did not expect to hear such a remark from the Alpha.

"If one day I become such a bastard, then please be happy, okay? Even if it's not with me... though that won't ever happen," Tian Zi assured, this time finally pulling away to see Fyre blushing at the words that had been said. For some reason, even though no one knew what would happen in the future, he felt assured that the Alpha really won't hurt him.

"Okay," Fyre smiled sweetly. He couldn't help it, he felt so touched to the point that he felt like he was about to cry again... and he did! Tian Zi couldn't help but chuckle as he wiped the tears away. His chest felt so heavy with the emotions he felt for Fyre. Although he could assure that he was not a bastard who would cheat on his partner. But if one day he became one, he wanted Fyre to never forgive him.

"Fyre, I love you. Like I said before, I don't know when it started but I have liked you for a long time now. I didn't realize that until just recently. You're the first person that made me feel this way and I genuinely hope you're also the last," Tian Zi conveyed as he leaned forward, their foreheads touching and their lips a few inches apart. Marriage isn't in his plans right now but he honestly wouldn't mind if it's Fyre. He wanted to say it because even if by any chance they don't end up together, he never planned to love someone else again. He wanted Fyre to be his first and last.

"Hmm. I-I love you too... I-I've loved you since a long time ago too," Fyre expressed shyly at the confession, his soft palms touching the area where Tian Zi was hurt from earlier as he brushed it lightly. Of course, he also felt the same. He initially wasn't planning to be in a relationship but if one day they realize that they are not for each other, he wouldn't want to start again with someone else. He had decided that he would surrender his heart to Tian Zi and only Tian Zi.

After the misunderstanding they had earlier this morning and having Paul suddenly confess to him, he promised he would finally convey his feelings towards the Alpha and clear up everything. Of course, he would be lying if he said he wasn't afraid but now that he has said it, he doesn't regret anything and he never felt so happy to have his true feelings finally out on the surface. He had finally surrendered his heart and it may break but he decided to trust the Alpha to keep it safe.