47 - Confused Emotions

* * *

"You've really changed, Fyre..." Paul said with a chuckle that instantly made Fyre raise his brows. 'I changed?' he thought to himself, a little confused because he honestly didn't feel as though he had changed at all. Nightmares would still hunt him from time to time, and he still did the same things he had done years ago. If the Alpha was talking about him making baking a hobby, then that wasn't really a change. He had always been interested in baking but only had the courage to try it because he had been desperate at that time.

"If you're talking about me baking then I should tell you that I've always been interested in it, but was only able to try it out like 4 years ago," Fyre replied, sounding a little defensive. He didn't believe he had changed, or at least that's what he felt.

"Not just that..." Paul chuckled again. He had been away for 6 years. If there was anyone who could tell if something had changed, then it should be him. "Hey, don't be upset. I'm just telling you because you were never this expressive before. And look at you! You have never worn shorts and t-shirts before. You were always in dark shaded sweats and hoodies. Not to mention, you accepted those vehicles from a friend that wasn't me. You never accepted mine before. Since when did you even have friends? You don't even leave this place." Paul added, pointing out the things that he'd noticed.

As Fyre listened to Paul's words, his eyes widened. With the Alpha addressing the matter, he realized that there have been a lot of things that had changed, not just around his place, but also within him. He really had changed a lot, even though he hadn't noticed it.

"Fine. I did change, a little. But 6 years have already passed... It's only reasonable." Fyre said in defeat, making Paul laugh.

"I like this change though. This way I won't get worried, leaving you behind again." Paul said. Back then when he'd left with a broken heart, he came and met Fyre to tell him that he was going to leave and that he would only come back after a few years. He knew he was the Omega's only friend but he'd still left, thinking of his own situation.

"I told you I'm fine... And look at you as well. Didn't you change too? Smarter I hope," Fyre joked this time around. Paul had never once contacted him over the past years, but he was seeing no change in the Alpha. Maybe aside from him gaining more muscles, he was still very soft-spoken, and that "Mr. Nice Guy" vibe stuck to him like super glue. He was like the kind of person that would help anyone asking for help, even if he knew that he was being taken advantage of—and he is! After all, that was how Daniella Sullen took advantage of him before.

"You know how to joke now too!" Paul snorted. Of course, he had also changed over the past 6 years, but he wouldn't say he'd gotten any smarter. He'd just found it hard to trust anyone ever since Daniella. There was always fear inside him when he met new people. He tried to not let it affect him, but 6 years had passed. And now there was always this voice at the back of his mind, whispering to him that maybe the person in front of him had bad intentions, ...because he could never know. Daniella had been very good with hiding her emotions, and he would always find himself believing her lies, ...even to the point of hurting Daniel who was nothing but true to him.

He didn't want to tell anyone, but his psychiatrist had told him it was a sign that he had emotional trauma that eventually led him to develop a mild Paranoid Personality Disorder(PPD). There is no medical treatment for it. The only thing that could mitigate the condition was to talk to people and try to trust them.

"I always joke though." Fyre pouted, glaring at the Alpha. To be honest, he genuinely thought that it would be awkward to talk to Paul again after so many years, but he was glad that they were still the same.

"But seriously? How are you?" Fyre added. His expression changed into a more serious one. Six years had passed but he wanted to make sure the Alpha was fine now. When everything had happened, he had been so wrecked that it looked like he wouldn't be able to recover, that is unless he removed himself from the place where it would remind him of his past lover, which is what he did.