143 - It's Him!

* * *

"And here we go again. I don't know what to do anymore with the two of you," Julie Walker said with a sigh. There was an obvious dark shade under her eyes, her hair was tied into a messy bun compared to her usual hairstyle, and it looked like she hadn't slept or bathed in two days.

"I give up already. I don't care anymore what will happen. Just go there and tell everyone the truth. I'll handle the backlash afterward so we could get this over with," she said in frustration as she massaged her temples. She couldn't wait to end all of this already and have her precious sleep after a good pamper night routine. It's been a while since she had one. Ever since Moonlight started filming with Fyre being the main lead, things had become so hectic. Not to mention, she also had to deal with Duke and his involvement with Apollo and Fyre.

". . ." Watching the poor Beta, Fyre couldn't help feeling bad for her. But it's not that he meant for all of this to happen. To begin with, he didn't want to act and he only agreed in memory of Remi. He just didn't expect it would be so fun to work in the filming industry if only not for the fact that it's a tough and one of the most competitive industries in the country. Tough because you lose your privacy, so many eyes are looking at you waiting for you to make a mistake and if you did, someone else can easily replace you.

If you're someone who's relying solely on acting, losing a role could mean the end of you. Now, Fyre could understand Veronica Chime when she decided to do something so impulsively. Of course, that still doesn't excuse her from all the selfish things that she did but at least he could see her now from her perspective.

"Well, that's what we came here for," Tian Zi replied with an arrogant smirk. Honestly, they didn't have time to have a press conference at this moment because they are still looking for Maverick. But since they've already executed the plan of abducting the secretary of defense last night and been in constant torture since then to have him reveal the location of Maverick, they have a little bit of time to spare until then. Furthermore, both Mo Laotian and Mo Hanlu were personally handling the situation as well as they always do, so there was not much they could do anymore.

"I apologize that this had to happen but I think after this, people won't be so obsessed with my dating life anymore," Fyre apologized as he scratched his nape. He didn't know why but the public is so obsessed with him nowadays. Of course, he does think that it was because of his involvement with the big names but it's not like he meant for this to happen. It just suddenly became like this and there was nothing he could do. He tried keeping his distance knowing his place but it wasn't too easy. At last, in the end, he ended up getting engaged with a Mo like everyone had already assumed from the beginning.

"Actually, they'll be more obsessed with you now but that's okay. I've prepared myself... now, you ahead and get this over with," Julie expressed with a snort. Based on her estimation, things will go wild in the next couple of months if the fact that he's engaged to Mo Tian Zi is revealed to the public but then again, it will be much better than Fyre being involved with multiple men at the same time.

Nodding at her words, Tian Zi escorted Fyre into the stage from the backstage as on cue, the PR head of sunrise entertainment, who was all this time talking to the reporters about the situation called upon him. As soon as Fyre stepped into the stage, people went wild along with their massive camera equipment as they flashed it upon him. For a brief moment, no one noticed him yet but after a while, people began to notice Tian Zi as well who was silently and carefully supporting his lover unto his chair before he sat along with him.

"Mr. Jones, we don't see Duke Davidson, Apollo White, or even Zian McCarthy. We came here to hear from them as well," one reporter couldn't help but ask the PR head upon seeing yet another unfamiliar good-looking man on the stage.