22 - Constant Bicker

* * *

"What did she say?" Fyre asked impatiently as soon as Jonathan came down from Remi's apartment. A day had passed since the Empire Hotel incident and finally today, after painstakingly avoiding the Alpha's older sister, they finally managed to have Jonathan and Remi talk.

"She said she needed space," Jonathan replied dejectedly as he walked towards Fyre and Tian Zi, but this reaction is to be expected. If suddenly you discovered that your lover was actually someone so important and on top of that already had a fiance arranged by his family, how would you react? Of course, you would want some time to think and absorb all the information. You'll be hurting a lot but at the very end, you'll have to choose between staying or leaving and then stand up for whatever decision you come up with.

"She didn't want to talk to either of us yet," Jonathan added, quickly erasing Fyre's thought of visiting Remi.

"Was she fine in the least?" Fyre asked instead. Although he knew there was no way Remi was fine, he still wanted to ask Jonathan.

"She said she's fine but I know she's not. I've hurt her. Furthermore, Marjorie came to see her," Jonathan replied helplessly, and later his tone changed into a cold one, keeping his eyes on the ground. "I told her not to come and harm Remi but she went ahead and did that to her," He added as his palm turned into a fist.

"What? What do you mean? Remi didn't say anything to me," Fyre asked worriedly. His mind going wild at the hurtful words Marjorie Wood had said to his sister. Although this was to be expected when he discovered Remi and Jonathan were dating,  he never thought it would actually happen because usually that only happens in movies. There's no way it would happen in reality, people have better things to do. But if he knew this was going to happen anyway, he never would've trusted Jonathan and placed the matter in his incapable hands. He wanted to yell this but he refrained himself because he knew the Alpha was hurting just as his sister and he didn't want to make the situation worse.

"It was last night, she came to meet her after work. Remi didn't tell me what Marjorie told her but based on Remi's expression, she must've been hurt a lot," Jonathan said again, showing a pained expression. Seeing this, Fyre really couldn't retaliate. Again, he wanted to scold Jonathan and tell him 'I told you this would happen,' but in the end, he decided not to because he didn't want to add more tension to the situation. Tomorrow is already the wedding day. Jonathan let out a word that he would attend with Remi as his partner but now that had happened, that might not happen at all. Not that it matters but if Jonathan attended with Margarette as his partner, it would only hurt Remi more.

"Of course, she must have been in a lot of pain knowing all the truth from a different person but I'm sure Remi will come to understand you soon," Fyre tried to encourage even though that was out of his character. When Jonathan heard the Omega, his lips briefly turned into a smile before he nodded. It can't be helped. For now, he'll just have to give all the time and space Remi needed.

"In the meantime, you should continue hiding... Tian Zi can help you with that," Fyre said again, glancing at the Young Alpha beside them who is leaning on his car, not a care in the world. But as soon as he heard his name being mentioned, Tian Zi woke up from his daydream and stood straight.

"It's better for us to stay together until tomorrow. There might be someone tracking us down. I've also already talked to Older Brother Hanlu, he's sending me our clothes for tomorrow so we can come together," Tian Zi said which was rather reasonable in their situation. If he were to go back, there is a chance that he's being tailed. He had confidence in his talent in hiding but right now, really wasn't in the mood to do so. Plus he remembered he indeed needed to attend the wedding tomorrow, else he wanted Mo Hanlu and Ian Andrews or the entire Mo Household to become his enemies. How dare he bail on them when everything was already settled. He wasn't that shameless.