Side-Chapter 1 - Fyre Long

WARNING: The timeline should take place after Chapter 145 and a little in between Chapter 146. The night where Veronica was kidnapped by a mysterious man (Ethan).

* * *

Remi paced back and forth in the living room looking constantly at the time on her mobile phone. Jonathan Wood who had been looking at his now real lover Remi Long was with a frown until he finally sighs; he had been observing Remi for long minutes now and believed the woman should stop or she'll make herself dizzy if she continued to do it.

"What are you so worried about? She's probably never going here," Jonathan Wood said rolling his eyes knowing that his girlfriend was getting worried about Veronica Chime's late arrival. It had already been more than two hours since Remi and Veronica talked to each other and now no matter how Remi called, the actress wouldn't pick up.

After learning a lot of things from his childhood friend Mo Tian Zi and from some of Remi's Story, Jonathan developed a prejudice against the actress and he didn't really want his girlfriend to hang out with such an ill-natured woman.

Standing up from his sitting position, Jonathan soon caught Remi in his arms. "Come on, it's late. Let's just sleep. Besides if she arrives I'll just ask Marie to let her in and then you two can talk tomorrow." Jonathan cooed, kissing Remi's forehead. It may have been just a week since they've met, and Jonathan might have been known to fall in love and fall out of love too easily but right now, he felt like he could really be with her, with Remi. Remi doesn't know his real identity and it was a refreshing experience for him, and Jonathan couldn't help but fall.

"I'm really worried. I have a bad feeling about this whole situation Jonathan," Remi said worriedly. Jonathan might have been right about Veronica not coming but from the way Veronica sounded earlier, Remi truly believed that her friend needed a companion. And now that she's suddenly unable to be contacted. It sounded so suspicious to her.

"I'm sure she's fine. Didn't you say she's tough? Then believe in her, and tomorrow we can go ahead and look for her if you want to." Jonathan suggested which Remi soon understands and nodded. They were about to go back to their room when one of the maids came to them and informed them that there was someone at the gate that wanted to see Ms. Remi Long.

"Oh, is it Vicky?" Remi beamed relief, she was about to run towards the door when the maid said it was not Veronica Chime.

"The man said he was Ms. Long's younger brother," the maid said and Remi's eyes quickly went wide. Her younger brother? She only had one younger brother and she heard from her parents five years ago that the young man disappeared and never came back. However, despite his disappearance the young man still manages to send money to their parent's savings account and sometimes sends parcels as if he had been looking at their family all this time so somehow even though he was not coming back home, they at least knew that he was fine.

"Fyre?" Remi mumbled still in disbelief. Seeing this, Jonathan ordered the maid to let the man in but only after they checked whether or not he had something dangerous on him.

"We can look on the intercom, you can confirm if he was really your brother or not," Jonathan suggested which Remi nodded again. They quickly went to the intercom that had a small screen on it but Remi could clearly see the familiar figure of her younger brother who she hadn't been able to see for 5 years.

"This brat!" Remi whispered.

"Is he really your younger brother?" Jonathan asked in disbelief. It had only been days since he brought Remi to a private place and no one knew of his location as he was hiding from certain people as well. Only Tian Zi knew he was at this house and he also didn't think Remi told this man so he wondered how this younger brother ever found out Remi was at this mansion.