160 - Mr. and Mrs. Long

* * *

"There's no way they'd like me just because of my face," Tian Zi mumbled dejectedly. Although Fyre did say that he was handsome, he was honestly not that confident when it came to his appearance. After all, he grew up along with two handsome men in the family and he thought he could never compete with them in that aspect, or in any aspect for that matter.

"What's wrong with you? You've always been so full of yourself and now you're suddenly acting like this? If there's anyone feeling more nervous here, it would be me. I don't even know if they could forgive me for leaving just like that," Fyre frowned as he pouted but his words were as worried as the Alpha. They made the right decision to hire a driver to drive for them today because if they didn't, they might get caught in an accident because they're both preoccupied by worrying about unnecessary things.

"Nonsense. Of course, they would, you're their son. There's no way they would get angry at you for too long. As for me, I did a lot of things without their consent," Tian Zi cooed and caressed his lover's hand. He realized that in times like this, he should be Fyre's support but now he's acting cowardly but he just couldn't help it because in the first place, they should have done this a long time ago.

"I sure hope so... And I can't say for my parents stead but I think they'll like you Zi. So don't worry so much, okay?" Fyre mumbled, making Tian Zi sigh and later bring the Omega's hand close to his lips before kissing it softly.

"Then let us find out soon. And if there's anything that is making you feel uncomfortable, don't hesitate to tell me. I am here with you so I can support you when you need it. Don't keep it inside you. I may be like this but you can definitely count on me, Fyre," Tian Zi assured even though he already knew that Mr. and Mrs. Long had long forgiven their son when he talked to them about how Fyre when Remi Long had died. At that time, even though they were mourning for losing their only daughter and at the same time finding out that their son didn't want to meet them, Tian Zi could still see that they understood. He could clearly see how much they love and respect Fyre's decision so even if they couldn't meet Fyre at that time, they were happy enough to know that he was fine at least.

Actually, ever since then he had been sending messages to update them on how Fyre was doing and so he could at least feel at ease that both Mr. and Mrs. Long weren't completely oblivious to the fact that he wanted to marry Fyre. Of course, at the same time, Fyre still constantly sends letters to the couple so they shouldn't be that worried knowing that he's in good hands.

"Okay, I'll do exactly that," Fyre smiled before pinching his lover's cheeks because of how cute Tian Zi was. He was clearly nervous just earlier and no he's suddenly saying to depend on him. He wanted to tease Tian Zi but he refrained from doing so because he didn't want to expose the Alpha when he knew he was acting tough for his sake.

"Well, that said... we're about to arrive soon," Fyre said with a smile, seeing the familiar scenery leading to his hometown. Meanwhile, hearing this, Tian Zi immediately stiffened, making Fyre chuckle. Hearing this, the Alpha pouted, acting upset but he soon didn't expect Fyre to pull him and kiss his cheeks softly. Tian Zi froze for a bit before a blush reached his cheeks as he pulled on his lover's clothes like a little child who wanted to ask his parents to buy him candy.

"Too short," he complained, which once again earned a chuckle from Fyre. This kind of talk continued knowing that both of them were just trying to ease up the atmosphere. So many things had happened, and right now the two of them decided to address some of their easier concerns than the difficult ones like Lucien. Fyre stared at Tian Zi and once again he felt very thankful that he had him in his life. Although he was a bit too much sometimes, Tian Zi was still the sweetest person he knew.