118 - Sadness and Disappointment (1)

* * *

"Oh Darling, it has been such a long time since you visited us..." Laura approached Fyre with a smile pulling the Omega into a brief hug, feeling relieved after spotting the ring she gave to him on his finger since that means he's still considering marrying her son. Still, she couldn't help feeling anxious...

"Have you been well? Is our Xiao Zi treating you well? I hope he does. He might be like that but we can all assure you that his face isn't only his good point. I'm sure if you give him a chance you'll see that he has a lot of good traits and one of them is that he's incapable of disloyalty," she added in an insistent tone, making Fyre a little bit awkward.

If Laura was to decide, she wanted Tian Zi to marry Fyre as soon as possible but knowing her youngest son's personality, he might just suddenly disappear with Fyre and come back already married just like his older brothers. She already had two sons who had gotten married secretly, she doesn't want that to happen the third time because of her mistake.

On the other hand, greeting Laura back, Fyre never expected the middle-aged woman to turn to him first as soon as they stepped into the house and said such things as if she were afraid that he was going to leave Tian Zi. It's ridiculous as he thought of it because there was no way this family would act like that, right? If anything, they should be at ease because by then they would be able to pair their son to a much better person than he was. Although he had not planned to leave Tian Zi, this was just something he suddenly felt from Laura's approach.

Furthermore, the reason why he and Tian Zi were even there was because of that photo which he did not manage to delete due to last night's... Anyway, not wanting to remember such a thought during a family greeting, Fyre just continued to smile awkwardly because he thought for sure that he'd be looked down upon for spreading such suggestive photos with another man when he was dating their son.

"Mother, why would you say that and put weird thoughts in my fiance's head?!" Tian Zi complained in irritation before he pulled Fyre close to him. He got that his mother was worried about that photo because he too was a little bit uncomfortable with it that he wanted it out of the public's eyes but he was sure his and Fyre love for each other was stronger than ever.

"Don't mind her... she's probably just concerned about the photo," Tian Zi whispered and it made Fyre more confused. Even though he did nothing wrong, even he himself was quite impressed with the photos and he wouldn't be surprised if everyone starts to doubt his love for Tian Zi but instead, there was no ounce of doubt and contempt. In fact, it's like they're—at least Laura Mo—desperate for him to not leave Tian Zi.

"Ahhh, about that photo..." Laura exclaimed, hearing Tian Zi before she glared at her own son.

"You useless and incompetent unfilial son! After finally and barely finding your own bride, you're just letting some nobody take him away?! Your father and I did not raise you like that! You're lucky Fyre said yes to you! Such a sweet and lovely child, you would not have a chance with him if the circumstances were different!" Laura scolded Tian Zi and started beating him on his back.

"What!? Ouch! Who said I'm letting... Ah!... some bastard take MY Fyre! Ouch! Did brother Hanlu plant these thoughts on you again?" Tian Zi defended while constantly reacting to the beating even though it didn't hurt him at all.

"What!? Is it not true? Fyre is spending more time with that actor than with you and you've been a weird kid growing up so you have no charm at all. Have you even been treating him well?! It's possible that Fyre had fallen out of love for you and it's only a matter of time now before you two break up! You'll lose such a beautiful and kind Omega!" Laura continued to scold as if Fyre himself wasn't around to hear it. Suddenly, the headache from his lack of sleep and extended exhaustion suddenly returned as Fyre quickly defended his lover.