21 - Courting Stage?!

* * *

"Ah, Laotian you're home early," Daniel exclaimed seeing the Alpha walk in from the main door. It's still 5 pm but Laotian is now back from his usual 8 pm schedule.

"I was trying to avoid someone," Laotian mentioned, walking towards the Omega before kissing his lips briefly as a greeting. Earlier before he decided to leave work early, Tian Zi called him to report something he had done. It was a vague explanation but after the call, another call reached him from the Empire Hotel head management.

Apparently, Mo Tian Zi and his fellow companion, Fyre Long, kidnapped Alexander Jonathan Wood, a nobleman who was being detained in one of the royal suites at the hotel for familial reasons. Aside from that, the report also mentioned that a room on the 30th floor had a massive hole cut out on the window as well as the room directly below it. Of course, Laotian wasn't worried about the holes and the repairs, he was worried about Marjorie Wood coming to him and demanding for her Younger Brother to be returned.

And that was his problem, Mo Tian Zi is quite different from Mo Hanlu, he could never truly order the Young Alpha to do something unless he had a mutual feeling. Even if he met Mo Tian Zi now and ordered him to release Jonathan Wood, he doubted the Young Alpha would listen. In the first place, he doubted he would ever be able to find him.

"You're sighing. Who are you trying to avoid?" Daniel asked worriedly, hugging the Alpha to comfort him. Thankfully, the twins are sleeping along with Luangmin so he had a little bit of free time to spare. Additionally, he couldn't help but get worried because there is not a lot of time when Laotian acted like this but when he does, oftentimes it would cause huge trouble that would affect the whole family.

"Marjorie Wood. Tian Zi, he did something troublesome to that woman," Laotian replied, hugging Daniel as well since the only person who could make him feel much better whatever the situation was the Omega.

"Isn't she the woman from the aristocrat family??" Daniel asked, confused. He wondered what Tian Zi could have done for Laotian to act this way.

"Hmmm," Laotian simply hummed and this time, he buried his face against his wife's neck. It's a rare chance for him to have Daniel all by himself so without warning, he suddenly lifted the Omega and soon started walking towards the couch. Daniel was surprised at first but he instantly recovered, holding Laotian's cheeks for him to look up at him.

"Is she someone you can't beat?" Daniel asked rather seriously. Laotian was still walking but he briefly halted staring at his adorable wife in surprise because this was the first time the Omega asked him something like this. It's like he already assumed that there might be a fight happening. Normally he would ask him to find ways to settle things peacefully but now the Omega was actually asking him if he could beat Marjorie Wood in terms of power and influence.

"No such thing," Laotian chuckled and began walking again until they reached the couch where he sat and made Daniel sit on his lap. Yes, Marjorie Wood is a powerful woman, she's a nobleman after all but that doesn't mean he had no fight. He may not have been born with royal or noble blood, but with his wealth and connections, he could definitely trample two or three noble households; that including the Woods. It'll take some time but it's not impossible.

"But, she's someone I prefer not to offend," Laotian admitted. Marjorie Wood has a lot of powerful connections as well, she of course also contributed a lot to the Mo Empire's overall success so even though he could, he'd rather not do it. However, with what had happened now, depending on the situation, he might be forced to do something. Tian Zi might have been a troublemaker growing up but he is still his family. And he would do anything for his family, despite his character.