62 - Innocent Baby Zi

* * *

"I came as soon as we heard. Luu and I were coincidentally here today for my prenatal check-up." As soon as Ian arrived, he quickly approached Daniel who was sitting next to his husband. The younger Omega stood up to meet Ian and they hugged each other as a greeting. Since Ian learned just recently that he was pregnant due to his work's regular medical check-ups, today was the official day where he and Hanlu had gone to an official prenatal together after days of postponing it due to their busy schedules. Of course, as excited he was, Hanlu tried to ditch all his work as he wanted to see his baby as soon as possible but with Ian holding a leash around his neck tightly, the schedule was moved until the both of them were no longer busy.

"Yes, the doctor was still examining what had happened. I hope it was nothing serious, I heard doctor Feng had to put him in sedatives because he was in so much pain." Daniel said worriedly before both he and Ian glanced in Tian Zi's direction who was now currently sitting silently on the hospital bench waiting for Fyre's examination to finish. It was obvious from the way he's behaving that he was more than worried about this matter, which was totally understandable because they are very close friends.

"I really hope everything was fine. I contacted Mother and Father and they're on the way here now. They were so worried about Fyre since he was like family to us."

"Hmm, that's why I insisted on coming here as well but it's just unfortunate that this had to happen right in the middle of a family matter," Daniel mentioned. He only just learned about Maverick last night after April had informed him. Of course, he quickly relayed the news to his grandfather and George and he was surprised to know that just like him, both of them were also shocked to learn the truth that the Elder wanted to rush back to the country even though he was on medication.

At first, Daniel didn't really see a problem about Maverick coming out as Omega but after Laotian expressed his opinion about the matter and how this could become a problem, Daniel couldn't just leave the situation be. Of course, he still thought otherwise but then again he trusted Laotian more than himself. That was why he wanted to ask Tian Zi for help since his husband told him that the younger Alpha could help him, but he couldn't really ask for help now that Fyre had become like this. That would be very insensitive of him.

"What? Why? What happened?" Ian asked, not really knowing what had happened since he wasn't into social media or read the entertainment news section in the newspaper. The same with Hanlu who had nothing in his mind but the thought of their incoming child for the past week since he learned that Ian was pregnant.

"Well, one of my cousins, Maverick, was actually an Omega. I tried contacting him but he wouldn't accept my calls. I don't really see a major problem with him turning out as an Omega but Laotian said that it was suspicious that this had come out out of nowhere. I wanted to ask Tian Zi for help but I can't do it now with Fyre being like this." Daniel explained dejectedly. And while listening, Ian was shocked to learn about the news as well but at the same time couldn't argue about what Mo Laotian was thinking because it was indeed rather suspicious. And considering how long he was in his line of work, his instincts are sensitive to these kinds of things.

"Hmm, I agree with your husband. But for the time being, let's just pray that everything would be okay for your cousin and Fyre," Ian said and hugged Daniel again. He understood why Mo Laotian expressed his opinion about the matter this way. Daniel is 3-months-old pregnant with their 5th child on top of their 9 months old Elijah. Pregnancy is a very sensitive topic when it came to Daniel so Laotian might have thought he had to make sure everything was fine before this kind of thing would affect his wife's health due to stress.

"Xiao Zi, what happened?" On the other side, Hanlu worriedly approached his younger brother as soon as he arrived and sat beside him. He already knew what happened and he knew his younger brother would feel dejected but he didn't expect to see their baby Zi becoming so depressed about it. He understood that Fyre Long and Tian Zi were close friends for a long time now, but the way Tian Zi is now, it's like his wife was dying or something. He didn't want to tease his little brother since the situation was serious but he was itching to do so.