140 - Anxiously,

* * *

"H-he's gone. They said that someone had taken him away. What do we do, Laotian? What if something really bad happens to him? Maverick is one of the very few families I have left and we've only recently got along. Because of this, Grandfather has been sent to the hospital again. I want to go but I want to go with you," Daniel sobbed softly as he explained the situation to his husband. When he woke up this morning, he was in a very good mood especially since the baby inside him was becoming more and more lively each day passed but when he received a call from his cousin a few minutes ago, his stomach suddenly began to ache from worry.

Truthfully, knowing his condition, Joaquinn didn't intend to tell Daniel at all but knowing how much the Omega value his family as well, he and Ashton as well as George Sullen had finally decided to tell him even if it would make Daniel worry.

[I understand. I will be there as soon as I can. Just wait there and try to calm down, okay?] Laotian replied in urgency and began walking out without excusing himself because he knew just from the Omega's voice that he is needed by his side at this very moment. He can't waste any more seconds.

"What happened?" Tian Zi asked, making Laotian halt from his walk but before he could answer, Fyre faced his lover and replied instead.

"Quinn said that Mave has been kidnapped last night. They already asked someone they know to help them find him immediately but with little to no lead, they simply couldn't find him. The kidnappers haven't tried to contact them as well so they have no choice but to wait," Fyre informed, shocking the Alpha. He immediately concurred that this might be because he was the main reason why a part of the dark corner of this country was revealed to the public but then again, wasn't it already fixed? It's the reason why his Eldest brother visited him right now. Does this mean that the negotiation failed? It's the only logical answer he could think of as the moment. If their enemies already went for those VIP's in prison and had them disposed then it wouldn't be a surprise if they're coming after Maverick next for revenge.

"Brother, the secretary might have lied to you," Tian Zi said that in an instant ticked Laotian. Not a lot of people had ever dared deceive him and those who did are all dead or ruined so if the secretary indeed tricked him then he better be prepared for his retribution because he will not stop until he gets his revenge. Even more so if this causes his wife to have another difficult pregnancy.

". . ." With a vicious and displeased expression, Laotian didn't say anything about it and instead turned around. "For now I am going to comfort my wife. After that I will handle the situation," Laotian simply said but even though Tian Zi, Fyre, and Hanlu knew that he was genuinely concerned for his wife's well-being, the Alpha's expression showed how prepared he was to destroy someone's life since it has been a long time since someone had dared defied him.

"W-we'll go with you," Tian Zi said to which Fyre agreed.

"I don't really know what's happening but Mom is looking for us. We are all called to the main estate," Hanlu said. Laura didn't say anything to him and instead asked him to call everyone back. And now hearing about Maverick Sullen's abduction, then that's the most reasonable explanation for the call. The Sullens are basically family to the Mo's and as Elder Sullen is a close friend of their father, it was only reasonable for them to help each other.

And if it was indeed a failed negotiation with a person that Mo Laotian had contacted then that's more reason to be alert. Mo Laotian hates it when things don't go his way. This personality of his subsided when Daniel came but that doesn't mean he had changed completely. He's still the same cruel and merciless older brother that both Hanlu and Tian Zi know.

"Let's go." Tian Zi nodded and just like that, all four of them left the hotel in separate vehicles. And although Tian Zi and Fyre's sudden absence caused an uproar in the filming set, adding more work for Julie Walker, right now, that is just not their priority. The movie can wait but someone else's life cannot.