67 - Didn't Know Anything

* * *

After returning from the hospital, Fyre was at Tian Zi's house with a computer on his lap. Actually, at this time the two of them should have been driving off to the Mo Estate where they are invited to but after checking his phone this early morning and seeing a notification from his personalized app, he had a feeling this wasn't just a simple hacking request and so now instead of rushing out where everyone was currently gathered, the two—especially Fyre—are now at the living room currently doing a quick investigation.

"I knew it! They have the nerve to ask me to recover a file for them and at such a cheap price!" Fyre expressed with a frown, putting the computer on the coffee table. Tian Zi who was sitting beside him helplessly sighed, pulling his—now—lover, into his arms.

"Don't stress yourself about it now, you're still sick... And besides, doesn't this prove to us that they wouldn't be able to further humiliate Maverick?" Tian Zi said, suddenly hugging Fyre who has now become flushed. Normally, he would have pushed the Alpha and yelled at him hiding his embarrassment but being that Tian Zi has now become his lover, he wanted to try and become less moody and impulsive. It's the first time he was trying so hard to be more likeable to someone even though he knew full well Tian Zi liked him despite his unlikeable personality.

"Y-Yeah... you're right, b-but still... I can't believe they want to humiliate Mav this far," Fyre replied, trying hard not to mind Tian Zi's touches. Fyre already knew that there are different kinds of people out there and a lot of them are hella rotten to the core, he also had some encounters with them all throughout his chosen career but he still couldn't stand them no matter what.

"I mean, why would they go this far?? Was it that easy to mess with the Sullens?? They're like one of the most powerful families in the country, right? Sure they've had their reputation slightly tarnished over the past years but it's not like they've lost their wealth and power."

"They're getting confident because Gabriel Sullen stepped down from his position and the Sullen Corporation passed down to my Eldest Brother instead of the Eldest son. The fact that people believed the Mos and the Sullens actually had a bad relationship is spreading after Daniella Sullen's case. And you notice it too, right? Gared Sullen and George Sullen aren't close... These people must have thought they could grab this chance to topple the Sullens and climb at the top by using Maverick," Tian Zi replied, analyzing the situation. And he was right! People are greedy and they would do just about anything to be able to stand a step closer to the top. They believed the Sullens had lost their influence and thus, making this time the best time to pull them down.

"Hmm, I could never understand rich people. For us poor people, we're satisfied that we're able to eat 3 times a day. As long as none of us are sick and we're together, we can be happy," Fyre said, giving up the thought. He just couldn't understand why those who are already at the top of the mountain still wanted to soar up to the sky. Having money is great, that he could understand, but having too much is something he could never.

"I'm not saying I don't understand what you feel and I could care less about those people. I'm just happy that this gave us less work but Fyre, I assure you that as long as I'm here, you don't have to worry about eating three meals a day or getting sick. As your lover, it's the least I could do. I'll also do my best to make you happy, okay?" Tian Zi chirped happily before snuggling close. Truthfully, he could never understand the feeling of having just enough to eat 3 times a day, but it is true that he understood Fyre to some extent. As for now, all he could do was to make sure his lover wouldn't get sick or starve.

Meanwhile, feeling flustered by his lover's promise, Fyre quickly didn't know what to do or say for a second. He wanted to yell and act angry as always but he's too shy and can't deny that he liked what he was hearing. He never expected that Tian Zi would be such a smooth talker because all this time, all he did to him was tease and annoy him as if it's the only thing he could do all day.