32 - The What-ifs

* * *

"I understand that you want your sister to be happy, Fyre, but both Remi and I are concerned about you too. The dinner can wait, you, however... This kind of environment is not good for your sensitive condition." Jonathan reasoned out because even if he does manage to outsmart the people outside, he still wouldn't be able to focus enough at the dinner with Fyre being in this mess.

"I said I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me anymore." Fyre insisted, still trying to push Jonathan. But unlike earlier where he managed to push the Alpha towards the front door, this time Jonathan didn't budge and he turned around and held the Omega's shoulders as if he was going to lecture him, and indeed he did.

"You're not fine. Have you looked at yourself in the mirror? You look like a total mess. Obviously, you've been crying and haven't had a proper sleep for the last 3 days. Are you even eating properly? When was the last time you had a proper meal? You're telling me to leave but seeing you like this just makes me more determined to get you out of here." Jonathan lectured. He was genuinely worried.

"But I'm really fine," Fyre mumbled guiltily. He admittedly was crying and hadn't had a proper sleep for the last 3 days, feeling anxious about the fact that people are waiting for him outside. Also, the last meal he could remember was his cup noodles last night. In fact, he hasn't eaten anything except cup noodles and some bread. Normally, he would order take-out but obviously, in his situation, he simply couldn't do that.

"No, you're not and you can't convince me otherwise, so you need to relax and let me handle the situation until Zi arrives. Remi would kill me anyway if she learned that I'd left you alone like this, just for that damn dinner." Jonathan said firmly. He refused to believe that Fyre was fine.

Listening to him mentioning Tian Zi again, Fyre's eyes went wide. Right now, he didn't think he could handle seeing the Young Alpha. He had been the first person that kept on calling him since yesterday, leaving him texts and voice messages, asking about his condition and whether he was fine or not. Fyre hated to admit it, but he was really touched. But, he had been too shy to answer his calls and messages with him being in such a mess.

He didn't know why but for some reason, he felt like if Tian Zi was standing in front of him now, he would cry and run into his arms. After being saved by the Alpha a lot of times in his worse times, he'd probably developed an emotional attachment to him. Even though he didn't want it, he felt safer when Tian Zi was there. Whenever he felt like he was in a pinch and needed help, the first person that would pop into his mind was the Young Alpha.

"Wait. What? He's coming? Tian Zi's coming? Wasn't he in Hawaii?" Fyre asked in a panic. He didn't want to look pathetic. He didn't even know why he cared so much but it felt like a lot of his hidden emotions would burst out at the sight of Tian Zi.

"He was but he's worried about you. He was the one who asked me to go check on you while he flies back. If not for him, Remi and I wouldn't have known. He said his whole family was worried sick about you as well." Jonathan replied like it was a given, to which Fyre wasn't able to respond. And again, when he first met Tian Zi, he never thought they would become close enough to worry about each other. He didn't ask for the Alpha to care for him. But still, his heartbeat quickened, feeling touched.

"Anway, let me just call the police to get those people off of your property and also escort us to a safer place. We can meet Zi and your sister there," Jonathan added, seeing that Fyre was no longer answering or forcing him to the door. He quickly fished out his phone from his wallet and dialed 911, which he should have done before coming to Fyre's place. Honestly, he wanted to ask why Fyre hadn't called the police instead if he couldn't or didn't want to ask for help from his friends and sister. But he chose to stay silent about it because he noticed that Fyre had been through a lot by just seeing his appearance now. The Omega must have had his own reasons.