185 - Love's a Pain in the Ass

* * *

After talking to Joaquinn and regretfully giving his permission to remain friends with the Alpha, Fyre was dragged along by Tian Zi trailing the way to the parking lot. Normally, Fyre would ask where the Alpha was going to take him but because of the earlier conversation, he couldn't help but stare at his lover. He knew Tian Zi was the jealous and excessively possessive type, and he figured they'd continue to fight about the matter for a long time but after earlier, he was surprised to be proven wrong. And he was happy that it wasn't just him who was making an effort to make their relationship work but also Tian Zi who was trying to be more considerate of him.

"Have you fallen in love with me all over again? Why do you keep staring at me?" Tian Zi finally asked, feeling bothered being stared at for too long even if it was the person he loves so much. Well, he didn't actually mind since it was Fyre but the way his mate was staring at him felt a bit uncomfortable. As if the Omega's gaze was telling him that he couldn't believe he did something so out of his character and he was very much surprised about it.

"Hmmm, probably... I'm just so proud of you, you know. I thought you'd continue to stay stubborn about Quinn. You said you've always been jealous of him but then you ignored your feelings for my sake. How can I not fall in love all over again," Fyre expressed with a sweet smile. Truth be told, even though he said that he was not going to avoid Joaquinn as the Alpha was his friend, that doesn't mean as well that he'd go to a place with him alone. He also knew what was right and wrong and although he trusted that Joaquinn wouldn't do anything bad to him, it was still better to be safe.

After all, there was no such thing as friendship between an Alpha and an Omega. Back then he didn't believe it but with his experience with Tian Zi, it was simply difficult to resist the pull. Alphas and Omegas are naturally attracted to each other unless you're related by blood —some otherwise— so even if he had already bonded with Tian Zi, that does not mean he wouldn't attract other Alphas or hypothetically, him not getting attracted to another Alpha.

"Tch. Well, I'm starting to regret it now. Why did I even say that?" Tian Zi said with a slight blush on his cheeks but tried to mask it with a frown that quickly formed on his forehead, making Fyre chuckle as he halted the Alpha from his walk so he could pull him down to kiss his lips.

"You're so cute but no backsies," Fyre chuckled, whispering against his lover's lips before completely pulling away. Meanwhile, caught off guard, Tian Zi could no longer hide his blush and helplessly covered his face with one hand and the other resting on his side as if he was disappointed at something.

In truth, he was definitely disappointed, not at Fyre but at himself. He wanted to act cool and be a responsible considerate Alpha but he couldn't believe just a simple kiss like that would immediately evaporate his stance and become such a lame love-strucked boyfriend in the end. Furthermore, he wanted to devour Fyre right now just like last night until the Omega's body would helplessly tremble as he pound himself inside him roughly and deeply. He wanted to hear Fyre's pleasured moans while he slid his palms against his sweat-filled skin urging his beloved mate to crave for more.

"Shit. You really have the talent to rile me up," Tian Zi mumbled frustratingly, making Fyre giggle again. He wasn't sure what part of that riled him up but it was funny because he was aware he had this kind of effect on his lover. But that aside, he crossed his arm and raised his eyebrow ready to interrogate his boyfriend's suspicious behavior since they arrived at the hospital earlier this morning.

"Hmmm, before you go further than that, can you tell me now where you are going to bring me? We left without even telling Daniel. Your eldest brother asked me to accompany him while he left for a short trip," Fyre asked, they're now at the parking lot close to their car so if he went with Tian Zi, the Alpha might really bring him somewhere far and he would risk losing Mo Laotian's trust. Besides, he was having fun talking to Daniel and the fellow Omega asked him to help him feed his baby later since he couldn't do it alone with anyone's help, and he didn't want to bother the nurses. Of course, there's also the fact that Fyre wanted to help, thinking maybe by seeing Daniel up close as he took care of his child, he'd also learn once he and Tian Zi finally had their own. It's just his wishful thinking but he won't lose anything wishing.