71 - Thankful For

A/N: Hi, for those who are confused on how many children Daniel has, I apologize. To answer your question, currently Daniel has four sons, namely; Mo Luangmin, Mo Ching Li, Mo Chao Yu, and Elijah Mo, but he is also pregnant with his 5th and LAST child(no name yet). Since DBTA/MHMB only covers up to the twins, I understand why you are confused but for those who didn't know, there is actually a continuation of DBTA/MHMB called SPECIALS. Basically, it is the story where Elijah Mo came to be. However, as of the moment it is still Ongoing and the update schedule is only 1 Chapter a month since I cannot put focus into it. It is also EXCLUSIVE  to paying readers ONLY on both Patreon and Buymeacoffee. And it will NOT be posted for free anywhere. It is not finished yet but this Special is my gift to those readers to who supported me for so many years on my Patreon page. Of course, if you want to read it but can't afford monthly membership on Patreon, one-time support on buymeacoffee also let you have access to it although with a couple of chapters delay. It will be updated whenever I can update the latest chapters.

* * *

"Fyre, what are you doing here?" Maverick asked surprised after finding the fellow Omega standing outside his grandfather's room. Of course, he was aware that Fyre was always welcome to the Mo Estate but he wasn't aware that the Omega was going today given the fact that the Omega was at the hospital yesterday.

"I thought you were in the hospital. Are you okay now?" Maverick added with a concerned expression, making Fyre frown because looking at the fellow Omega's additional bruises, it was clear that he was in a worse condition than him.

"I'm fine. But what about you? Why do you have another bruise and your lips! It's busted again!" Fyre slightly yelled before he reached out to carefully touch Maverick's cheeks and soon frowned at Joaquinn who he believed should have protected Maverick this time. He thought that because Ashton and Joaquinn were coming with Maverick while they talked to their father, Maverick would be safer but in the end, he still ended up getting beaten up.

"What in the hell were you doing to have let this happen to Mav again?" Fyre questioned furiously. He was even more convinced that he should have ruined Gared Sullen's life along with the bastards as well. People like him don't deserve pity even from his own children. People don't change that quickly or they don't at all.

"I'm sorry. I let my guard down and wasn't able to prevent it on time," Joaquinn replied dreadfully. It was clear that he regretted not being able to protect his younger brother despite being by his side.

"Please don't get angry at Quinn. It was an avoidable situation as none of us expected Dad would hurt me again but really, I'm happy that you are getting angry for me," Maverick smiled, making Fyre sigh helplessly. No matter how insecure and jealous he was with Maverick before, he couldn't really hate him because he was a nice person. Yeah, sometimes Maverick had a blunt side but there's also something about him that would make anyone want to protect him, even for an Omega like Fyre.

"Of course, since you're a friend and you've also helped me," Fyre almost whispered, which confused Maverick but chose not to question. However, what Fyre really meant about Maverick helping him was about the courage he gave him to make the first move. He didn't want to admit it but Maverick's explanation back then really set him free... made him brave enough to try to have a little trust in himself. Although in the first place Maverick was the reason why he shut himself off, he was still thankful because it made him realize how lonely he was all this time. It made him a better person, he overcame his depression, he picked up hobbies other than just sitting in front of his computer, he made a lot of friends, he learned to value his own self and most of all...

...he learned how to love again and to be desired back. Of course, not all of those experiences are because of Maverick, overall... it made him better understand his sister's desperation for love.

Love ChaseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara