135 - Who's the Real Lover?!

* * *

"Good evening, Mr. Mo. What brings you here today?" The secretary of defense asked as he welcomed Mo Laotian into the auditorium room and offered him a seat across from him. He was surprised that the Alpha scheduled a meeting with him because they didn't usually talk unless something was up, which usually involves crime.

"I think you already have an idea as to why I am here today, Mr. Secretary," Laotian replied enigmatically, making the secretary confused because he truly didn't have an idea and as far as he knew, he would never try to implicate Mo Laotian with his business so the problem he's having now was nothing to do with the Mos... or so he thought.

"I'm truly unaware. Can you enlighten me? You took the trouble to come here, after all, I'll gladly help if it's in line with my capabilities," The secretary said and his expression shows how truly unaware he was. Seeing this, Laotian looked at the politician dead serious and when he saw that he wasn't lying at all, he leaned back to the chair relaxing his back before he crossed his legs.

"You should know that I am aware that you're currently in a tight spot... with what's been happening lately," Laotian started. He paused briefly and continued as if it was such a bother to talk and explain himself to the man even though he was the one who scheduled a meeting. Meanwhile, hearing Laotian's words, the secretary frowned before he had a realization. He hoped he was wrong but it is most likely that his hunch was right.

"Seeing your reaction, I guess you know why I'm here," Laotian soon added as he didn't want to waste more of his precious time with the politician.

"D-Don't tell me it was the Mos?" The secretary asked in frustration as he looked at Laotian but when he saw no change in the Alpha's expression, his body suddenly started shaking in anger. He did not do anything to offend Mo Laotian or any members of their goddamned family so he didn't know why he was being targeted.

"What's the reason?!" He asked, still shaking as he clenched his hands into a fist. He at least has the right to know the answer.

"Nothing in particular..." Laotian began and when the secretary shot his eyes at him filled with rage but he too returned the glare before he continued, "but your VIPs touched one of the Sullens, I simply could not let it go when my wife wanted to help his family, right?" Laotian continued, his eyes getting sharper and sharper. Of course, he wouldn't say to the man that his youngest brother unintentionally made a mistake since they didn't know that such an influential man was behind the filthy organization, it's better to let the secretary know that it was him who did it. Either way, he's still going to fix everything if things get out of hand.

"Mr. Mo, what our customers do has nothing to do with my business. We shouldn't be targeted for it. This is unreasonable!"

"Unreasonable? In the first place if your business didn't exist, would any of this have happened? And didn't you already dispose of those customers? Who else should I target when they're dead? Be thankful I'm no longer going to dig up the things that my own wife had experienced because if I knew it was also your business that had led all to that, I'm going to feed you and your men to the lions," Laotian replied dangerously. His voice was calm but one could feel the pressure along with it. The secretary is also a dominant Alpha but he was far from Mo Laotian. He could never compete with him but at what Laotian had just said, he didn't know if he should be relieved or offended. Still, he couldn't help but retaliate a bit.

"Then what do you suppose for me to do?? There must have been something since you came here yourself," the secretary gritted, suppressing his anger. It's not that he was afraid of Mo Laotian but knowing that his power wasn't enough to destroy the man without sacrificing everything he had, he needed to yield down. Of course, it would be the same thing with Mo Laotian but comparing the two of them, he's got a lot more things to lose than the businessman.