New skill unlocked |b.d.h|

Since I've started dating Billie, the word 'happy' has formed a whole new meaning. She makes me feel things I've never felt before. Constantly telling and showing me how much she loves and cherishes me. She told me as soon as I moved in that I didn't have to pay any bills.

She reminded me of what she told me when we first started dating. 'You don't have to work, baby doll. I love taking care of you'. So I took her advice and I quit my job, I hated it anyway. Since I've done that it felt like a weight had been lifted off me. Not only was my mental health doing better but I also had time to explore.

I've been picking up old hobbies of mine that bring me joy. As well as starting new ones, this week it's painting. I wanna see if it'll stick since it's always been something that interests me. As I'm finishing up one, I hear the door open. I drop the brush on the lip of the easel and run over.

"Woah woah there. You've got paint all over you" she says backing up a bit. I notice she's in white jeans and a pink silk shirt. I look down at myself and take off the apron, running over to set it on my little table. By the time I turn around Billie is right behind me. I pull her into my arms and squeeze her tight making her chuckle.

I pull away and kiss her passionately, expressing through the kiss how much I'd missed her. She pulls away and holds my face, smiling as she looks down at me. "Oh look! I finished one" I say, pulling away to let her see the painting. She squints a bit and tilts her head, "it's abstract" I clarify.

"Hmm... do you take constructive criticism?" She asks softly, I stand up straight and put on a blank face. "I only take cash or credit" I say putting my hand out. Tilting my head up a bit to look like a guard or something. She giggled and shakes her head, "that's my girl" she says.

"Do you not like it?" I ask simply, she clicks her tongue and takes a breath. "It's not that. I just don't think I quite... understand abstract art" she says. "Well it can be based on feelings or thoughts. Sometimes nothing at all, just what feels right" I explain. "And this one? What did you base it on?" She asks curiously as she gets closer and examines it.

"Well I thought about you, how you make me feel" I admit. "And you got... all these colors? I'm confused" she confesses. "Step back" I smile knowing she hasn't seen it yet. She furrows her eyebrows but does as I asked. Still looking at the painting, "now really look at it" I tell her.

"I an really look-" she stops mid sentence and squints a bit. She relaxes her face and steps closer, tilting her head again. A smile breaks out on her face and she turns to me. "You did this?" She asks, I nod in response and her smile widens. "It's beautiful sweetheart" she coos, coming over and hugging me.

She pulls me back while I'm in her arms and we both look at the painting

She pulls me back while I'm in her arms and we both look at the painting. I, myself, can't believe I did that even though it's sitting in front of me. I spent hours on it, a few days actually, and I hid it from Billie until it was done. Now looking at it I feel so proud.

"We have to hang it somewhere" she decides, "it doesn't even match" I giggle. "To hell with the color scheme! My baby girl painted this beautiful piece and it's getting hung" she tells me. I smile softly at her and put my arms around her neck. Slightly on my tip toes as I tilt my head up to give her a sweet kiss.