Sick |w.v|

Today was a rare day, Wilhemina was sick, down bad sick. She always pushes through when she doesn't feel well but the flu hit her like a Mac truck. Woman down. She insisted she would be fine and that I could go to work but of course I refused.

She glared at me the whole time I was on the phone, telling them why I couldn't come in. After I finished the phone call I turned to her, "alright I'm all yours baby. Do you need anything?" I asked sweetly as I checked her forehead and caressed her cheek.

"No" she said simply then turned her head away to cough. "Well... I'm gonna make you some tea and I'll be right back. Just shout if you need me" I said with a soft smile. She didn't respond she just turned over but I took that as a silent thank you.

I went down to the kitchen and turned on the kettle scrolling on my phone as I waited for it to whistle. Once it did I carefully poured her a cup of tea and put a little lemon, honey and peppermint in it. I walked up the stairs cautiously so as to not spill it.

I opened the door and she had sat up to get the tea. I also brought a water bottle and set it on the nightstand beside her. "You're not afraid of getting sick?" She asked coldly but I knew she was actually concerned for my well-being.

She was different when she was sick but I loved her all the same. "No babe, I wanna take care of you" I say softly as I watched her sip her tea. "I'm tired" she said simply and put the tea down I moved it more towards the center so it wouldn't fall.

I climbed into bed next to her and opened my arms, "snuggles?" I said and she made a face at me.

"This isn't for you, this is for me" I said jokingly and she rolled her eyes. She scooted over to me until she was in my arms and I stroked her hair. "Thank you" she mumbled and if she wasn't sick I would tease her and make her repeat it.

Instead I just replied, "you're welcome baby" and she hummed in thanks. I continued stroking her hair until her breathing had calmed down. "I love you" she whispered softly and if I wasn't so in tune with her I may not have heard it. "I love you too my teddy bear" I whispered back and I felt her smile.

"Now get some rest, I'll be right here the whole time" I said and she nodded softly. I would much rather be here than anywhere else in the world...