Calling out for you |s.m|

WC: 2526
___________

I'm going to the Hotel Cortez, why? Well, because I have nothing better to do really. Today is one of my rare days off and I'm seeking to truly enjoy it. I know going to a haunted hotel doesn't seem like the perfect outing for most people. Then again, I'm not like most people.

I enjoy exploring and although I love simulated horror I get spooked quite easily. However, due to my work with Billie Dean, I've already been here a few times. I've even managed to make a few friends, so it's always nice to pop in for a visit. I wave to Iris as I make my way to the bar and she nods in response.

I don't talk to Iris much, if I'm honest I don't quite like her. That feeling doesn't give me the right to disrespect her though. After all, I have no solid reason for disliking her, it's just a feeling. I sit down on a stool and tap the counter to get Liz's attention. She promptly turns around and flashes me a big smile.

"Long time no see" she smirks, pouring me my usual. "Well, you know I have to drop by every once in a while" I voice softly, "it's always lovely when you do" she replies. The glass is slid over to me and I take a sip without hesitation. "Phenomenal as usual. You know, I'd like to speak to your manager. They should know their gorgeous bartender also makes good drinks" I joke.

"Oh of course, one second" she says seriously, she turns around and takes a deep breath before spinning back. "You requested a manger" she smirks, "with the shits as always" I chuckle. "Any particular reason you're here?" She asks, raising an eyebrow while leaning against the counter. "I can't just come to see my friends?" I gasp dramatically, getting an eye roll in response.

"Of course you can. There's just usually something that draws people back" she notes and now that she says it, she might be right. Every time I come back it's like a pull I can't resist. As if there's something calling out to me here, I just don't know what. "Nope. Just visiting" I lie and she squints her eyes knowing I'm not being truthful.

She drops it and turns around to clean some glasses instead. I continue sipping on my drink until I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. "Hi, baby" someone whispers, I turn around to see a blonde standing behind me. Baby? I don't even know her. "And you are?" I ask, my eyebrow quirked in confusion.

"Sally, darling. What's your name? I'm sure it's gotta be pretty to match such a beautiful woman" she flirts and I squint my eyes at her. "Sally, leave the poor girl alone" Liz scolds, "awww come onnn. I'm just talking to her" Sally whines. "It's never 'just talking' with you Sally" Liz scoffs, "well damn. You didn't have to call me a whore in front of the new girl" the blonde grumbles.

"Your words, not mine" Liz comments, "anyways. Am I bothering you, baby? You can tell me" Sally mutters turning to me. I look into her eyes and can feel all the pain behind them. Just as I bring myself to speak we're interrupted. "Well, well, well... if it isn't Billie's bitch" I hear and turn to see the countess.

"Lizzie!" I exclaim, getting up and running over to hug her. "Well someone's excited to see me" she giggles, "always" I breathe out. I release her and go back to the bar, she heads towards the front saying she has some errands. "Sorry. No, you're not bothering me" I tell the blonde who turns to look at me surprised.

She looks as if she didn't expect me to remember we were talking. "Y/n" Liz says in a warning tone and I just give her a look telling her politely to shut up. She sighs and puts down her towel walking off and towards Iris. "So... Sally..." I prompt, "yes?" She replies curiously. There's so much innocence in her eyes and yet so much darkness on her soul.

"Let's go up to my room" I blurt out confidently, I didn't intend to but it just felt right. "Oh... ok" she sighs, getting up off the stool and reaching out a hand for me which I take. "Wait. You don't have a room, I would know" she mutters as we walk to the elevator. "Don't you worry about that" I answer, pressing for the third floor.