Relax (2/2)

I go to the tv and connect my laptop so it's on a bigger screen. I press play and sit next to her while it loads.

Madison: heyyy cordi apparently your birthday is coming up or something
Y/n in the background: be nice
Madison: ugh fine... you're not a total bitch and I love you but don't you ever bring it up or I WILL deny it
Zoe: Hi Ms.Cordelia, happy birthday! Thank you for always being so welcoming to me and making this place really feel like home. We'd probably crash and burn without you
Madison: (whispers) kiss ass
Queenie: HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYY! What are you like 25 now? Anyways... I hope you actually relax today because you deserve it. And also I know she's not going to tell you but-
Y/n: I swear to god you're going to make me punch you
Queenie: ok ok chill girl. Love you Ms.Dee *blows a kiss*

*end of video*

"Awww" she says with happy tears spilling out her eyes. I pull my sleeve down a bit and wipe her face again. "You know for what's supposed to be a happy day you sure are crying a lot" I joke and she nudges me. "These are happy tears. You guys are so sweet" she says abruptly pulling me into a hug causing me to gasp at the force. She holds on tight and doesn't let go, once I adjust I rub her back soothingly.

"Hey what was Queenie going to say?" She asks, her voice mumbled slightly by my chest. "I don't know" I lie effortlessly, she pulls away and looks at me still holding onto my waist. "You definitely do..." she teases, "but I don't" I retort. "You so do" she states, "nope" I say popping the 'p'. "Come on... tell me..." she pouts, "it's my birthday" she says crossing her arms cutely.

I giggle at her antics and shake my head standing up to turn off my laptop. "Pleaseeee" she begs, "it's really not important" I try to reason with her as my nervousness grows. "If you would resort to violence I'm pretty sure it's more than important" she points out. "It was a joke" I say, "it definitely wasn't or else she would've continued teasing you" she explains. Jesus will she let it go?

"If it's not a big deal why don't you tell me?" She asks walking towards me slowly. "Because it's not the time or place" I tell her, "what are you pregnant?" She asks jokingly but half-serious. "Of course not. I'm gay" I say only to realize I've just outed myself. We stand in silence for a moment her looking at me surprised but understanding. "Is that what it was? You could've told me y/n" she says sadly.

"It's not that..." I say, I could've lied again but I really want to tell her the truth. "If not that, then what is it?" She asks taking a few steps to finally be in front of me. I'm leaning against the tv stand and she stand in front of me with her hands intertwined in front of her. I stare into her eyes before shaking my head. She puts her hands on my cheeks and makes me continue to look at her.

"I want you to feel like you can tell me anything. Because you can... I won't judge you" she says softly. "This... isn't about me" I say gesturing around the room before leaning up so I can play with my hands. I realize it's closed the distance between us when I feel her breath on my forehead. She takes a step back so she can grab my hands and stop me. "I don't care" she says shaking her head as if it's so obvious.

"I care about you. I want you to be ok" she says, "Delia..." I say trying to stop myself. "Relax. Isn't that what you always tell me?" She smiles knowingly and can't help but smile too. "I love you" I say softly, "I love you too, sweetheart" she replies. "No... I LOVE you, Delia" I say worriedly, "I know" she smiles. "You what?" I ask confused, "I love you too. I've always known what I feel for you is different since you walked in the door" she reminisces.

"I just didn't know exactly what it was until Hank and I got divorced. I know now... the butterflies I feel whenever you enter a room. The way my heart threatens to beat out my chest when you look in my eyes. The goosebumps that feel like little pits of fire making me feel hot when you touch me. It's more than obvious to me now, how in love with you I am" she says easily.

"If it's wasn't your birthday I would cry" I say blinking fast so the tears don't fall. "Let's lay down" she says releasing one of my hands and pulling me gently towards the bed. I transmutate to change really quickly, and I mean QUICKLY. I get back and lay down next to her, we face each other and I smile goofily. "You're such a goof" she giggles giddily.