Sleepy |d.s|

I'm sitting on the couch cuddled up with Diane while we watch American horror story. Specifically season 7, cult, because it's one of my favorites. "God Ally is just so hot" I say and Diane looks down at me smirking. "Oh really? I like Ivy more" she teases making me frown.

"You're just saying that to disagree with me" I pout. "Ok you got me. Ally is very sexy" she says, "alright alright don't drool" I roll my eyes playfully. Wait a minute. "Hey, Diane?" I say, she hums telling me to continue. "I think Ally is really attractive and honestly I've been thinning..." I start.

She looks down at me and raises and eyebrow. "Would you be up for a threesome?" I ask her calmly and she smirks. "I wouldn't mind it" she replies, "yeah ok" I say getting up. She pulls me back down and into her lap, looking at me curiously.

"You're not the real Diane" I say, "what are you talking about, love?" She asks with a confused smile. "This is a dream" I say and her smile drops instantly. The woman stares at me intensely, she's literally Diane's twin I can't help but to feel nervous.

"You need to get out of here" she says in a deep voice. I chuckle nervously and ask her what she's talking about. Her hands come up to my cheeks and hold them firmly but gently. "Listen to me carefully. If you do not wake up... something VERY bad is going to happen" she stresses.

"W-what are you..." before I can finish my sentence she slaps me. I mean slapped the shit outta me but I couldn't even get mad at her because when I opened my eyes she was gone. I quickly readjust to my surrounding and grab the steering wheel.

"FUCK" I yell as I redirect in just enough time to not hit a car that was blaring its horn at me. My breathing quickens and my eyes dart back and forth between the mirrors. I force myself to calm down enough to be aware of my surroundings.

I immediately pull over into an empty parking lot and put the car in park. I rest against my head and sigh as tears come to my eyes. How could you be so stupid?! It's not like I was driving drunk but I should've know better.

I'm exhausted but I thought I could make it. I sniffle and reach for the touch screen in the car to call my wife. "Hi baby" she says happily, "d-Diane" I stutter as I try to hold back tears. "Baby? What's wrong?! Where are you?" She asks, I can already hear her pacing around looking for her keys.

"I-I was driving and I-" my breathing starts picking up again and I can't speak. "Ok. I need you to take deep breaths honey..." I start copying her breathing and slowly relax myself. "That's it babygirl... just keep breathing for me. You're doing excellent. Can you tell me what happened now?" She asks calmly.

I push the seat back and wrap my arms around myself. "I was d-riving... and I guess I feel asleep and- Diane I almost hit someone" I whisper. "Oh darling... it's ok, alright? You're safe and they are too. I'm almost there, ok? Just hold on" she says softly.

"P-please be careful" I stress as I sit up straighter and listen intently to her end of the call. "I promise I am, baby. I'm not speeding I swear" she assures me and I sigh laying back. It's silent for a moment and I just sit there trying to be mindful of breathing.

Using the grounding methods Diane taught me to keep myself calm until she gets here. A knock on my window startled me out of my mental bubble. I dart my head to the door seeing her standing there. I unlock it immediately and jump out, throwing my arms around her.

"I'm so s-sorry" I cry into her chest as she hugs me tighter. "Shhh, it's ok honey. You didn't mean to and what matters is that you didn't hurt anyone" she reassures me. I breathe our shakily as she pulls back and holds me at my shoulders.

"You know you can always call me. I don't care what time it is... where you are... you can always count on me. I will pick you up from a mistress' house if I have to" she says trying to hide her smile. "Not funny" I say with a straight face before giggling.

"There's that pretty smile" she says grinning with a twinkle in her eye. "Let's go home, baby" she says leaning into the car and taking my keys out. She locks it up and leads me over to her car helping me settle into the passenger seat.

"We'll get your car tomorrow, ok?" She asks getting in her seat, and I nod putting on my seatbelt. "I love you" she says slowly while caressing my cheek. "I love you too" I say leaning into her hand and kissing her palm.

—————————————————
A/N: Sooo interesting fact: driving sleepy is equivalent to driving drunk. There's a thing called micro sleeps where your mind just shuts down for a few seconds. It's a way of preserving your energy... think of it like when your computer turns off on it own. I learned it in my nursing class and couldn't believe it. This happens when you're sleep deprived or extremely exhausted not just tired yk? Anyways just something I thought was interesting