Result Of Love

November 2020, Helsinki

Niko's pov

It's been an hour since I came back home from the studio and some minutes after I entered the door someone knocked, and that someone was Kristy.

She wasn't in a good state and mood.
Joel told me that she had been acting strangely those days and he wanted to have a conversation with her when he got back but she's here now.

It's been half an hour since she came and all this time she's been in her room with Minna.
They had closed the door and didn't allow me to walk in and I didn't have any ideas about what was going on.

The only thing she told me is that she didn't want to see Joel but as he told me  he didn't do something to her.

I just hope that nothing serious is happening between them again and that she will be fine.

I had just closed the call with Joel and I was out of the room that they were in.
I kept walking around it waiting till Minna or Kristy would walk out.

I told to Joel that he shouldn't come here for now, at least not until I get to know what's happening.
If something serious is going on then she shouldn't see him.
I believed that it's better if I speak with her first, only if she wants to of course.

Many thoughts run through my mind, what could have happened?
They were doing just fine those months and as Minna told me nothing bad had happened at work but she was acting a bit strangely.

I was waiting out of the room more worried than ever, I thought about walking in but they wouldn't like me interrupting them and they are probably talking about something really serious.

It's the first time that she prefers to talk with Minna than me.
She always said everything to me.
What if she has done something and feels this guilty that she doesn't even discuss it with me?

I was looking at the clock and realized that it's been more than one hour since she walked into that room with Minna.

I looked at the door when suddenly it opened.
Minna walked out and closed the door behind her.
Why didn't Kristy come with her?

"What's going on?" I asked her

She didn't seem sad but neither happy, her emotions were mixed and that made me worry more about the situation.

"I think it's better if you ask her" she looked at me "she wants to talk with you" she pointed at the door "but wait I need to give you a glass of water for her" she said before walking to the kitchen

I didn't realize what was going on, and Minna was just confusing me more.
Soon she was back with the water and I was about to walk in.

I took a breath, scared of what I would hear, Minna gave me a smile and I opened the door and closed it behind me.

She was sitting in the bed.
There were so many tissues around her and her eyes were so red and full of tears.
That made me worry even more about her.
That was the thing that I hated the most, seeing her sad and in pain was the worst thing I had to go through.

When she was born I promised to do everything to protect her and I'm not doing this.
I don't take her away from the bad things.
I wasn't able to protect her from Johanna, I wasn't able to protect her from the pain that Joel gave her and now she's here crying again and I don't even know what has happened this time.

"Hey" she said in a low tone once she saw me

I gave her the glass and sat on the bed, next to her.
She drank it all almost with one breath and then gave it to me.
I let it on the side and looked at her