Puzzle Pieces

February 2019, Switzerland

The next morning when i opened my eyes and moved my hand on the bed i realized that i was alone.
Kristy had already gotten up before me and it's been a while since her spot was already cold.

I blinked sometimes to get used to the light and then i checked the time.

It was already
Half past nine.
I thought that we would wake up early today because she wanted to explore around the town but she didn't wake me up.

I got out of the bed and went to check in the bathroom but she wasn't there.

Her things were still where she had placed them yesterday but her phone was missing.
She probably didn't go away and for too long.
Why didn't she leave me a note or something ?

I just hope that she just went for a walk or something normal because as always I'm getting worried and maybe for no reason.

I went inside the bathroom and washed my face.
I needed this, just so i could completely wake up and then i went to wear something.

I checked my phone in case If she had sent me any messages but nothing.

"Where are you?" I sent this to her and waited for a reply but if it didn't appear in some minutes i would probably go and look for her.
I don't want something bad to happen to her and unfortunately a lot can happen.

Instead of a message though i heard the door opening and she walked in.
She seemed a bit out of breath.

"I'm sorry" she took a deep breath and placed her hands on her knees

At least she's fine. That's all that matters.

"Hey it's okay, i was just worried that i woke up and you were nowhere to be seen" i took her hand and brought her close to me

Before she sat she let her phone on top of the bed and she took her jacket off.
From The way that she was dressed i think that she hadn't left the hotel, i don't think that she would handle the cold outside only with that jacket, so we were in the same building.

"One of my friends from university came for Vanessa's wedding too and she invited me in her room" she then explained "and you were sleeping so peacefully that i didn't want to wake you up" she kissed my cheek and got up.

No i couldn't be mad or anything.
She didn't wake me up because she cared about me and my sleep.
She's too good for me sometimes.

I don't even know how she end up with a guy like me
She's fun, positive, always smiling.
She's the happiest soul of every group and always there to help everyone with whatever they are struggling with when for me people think that I'm an antisocial, pessimistic person that doesn't like anyone or anything except of myself. Of course they are wrong but sometimes for some of those, they are right.

When Kristy is a person that could speak with someone she hardly knows, i would prefer to spend time with the people that i know and trust.
I usually don't prefer big groups of people that i don't know because i feel that everyone will have something to say about me and this something will be a bad thing.

Kristy is the life of the party.
She will go in a party and she will dance around, she will talk with people, she will discover new drinks to have and even if she's sitting she will still move her hands in the music, when i will just sit and have some beer or wine.
We don't even talk about dancing.
I don't even know how to move around to music so i prefer not to embarrass myself and remain in my place even if Kristy has begged me many times to dance with her.

We're completely different worlds but we still have so many things in common and she completes me.
She's the nice and happy piece that's missing from me and I'm the piece that she needs to hold her back.