Memories

January 2016, Oulu

Niko's pov

"Wake up Kristina" I shaked her.

She usually spends her nights here. My guest room is actually her room for over than 2 years. That means since I moved here.

With Kristy we've been best friends since the first day. Since she was actually born.

Our parents used to be really close friends and we used to hang a lot in their house or the opposite.

I remember the day I first saw her. A small baby. She didn't have any siblings so I promised to be the big brother that she never had. I would take care of her and love her like she was my real sister just like I actually did.

She still lives with her parents but prefers do spend her days in my house and I'm absolutely fine with it. I really need a person so I'm not also alone.

I can't remember myself staying for too long away from Kristy. The longer we spend without meeting was for a week when she went in a school trip in Sweden. And still we used to call each other everyday.

A lot of people think that we are a couple every time they see us and how close we are but they are all wrong.

We did try this but we realized that it wouldn't end up in a good way and it wouldn't have nice results that's why we stayed friends. Something more than friends actually. A family, my little sister.

A month ago I greeted her on my friends and band mates. We needed a person for back vocals for some songs of our new album, that we've been working on since October.

Knowing how good she is at singing and how much she loves music and helping me I immediately asked her and the next day without hesitating she was with me in our studio.

The others seemed to like her and they liked her voice. I'm so glad they were positive about it and seems like she found 4 new friends.

Back in time when I told her that I started studying about music, she supported me like no one else did and helped me with studies and lyrics even if she was just a teenager back then.

She wanted to follow my example and now she is also studying to music making me so proud of her.

I was there in her hardest times, like she was on mine. She really is the best friend I could wish for.

I was the one to teach her about music and we have spend so many hours singing together. She has a voice of an angel.

We've done so many things as kids. I remember younger us going in parks when she had first learned to walk.

I was holding her hand so she wouldn't fall and if she did I also laid down to seem like I also fell.

So many memories together.

"Kristina wake up" she always hated it when I called her by her actual name, so I'm sure this will make her get up

"Stop it" she groaned and placed a pillow over her head.

"Okay I'm gonna eat all the breakfast and you will be starving" I walked in the kitchen and started counting how long it would take her to run in

In less than a minute she was in the table filling her mug with coffee.

The same as always. Exactly 35 seconds as most of times. She never liked waking up early and as I know people don't change easily.  So she's gonna be like that for her whole life.

"Niko coffee will get cold sit down" she ironically said on me

She of course was done eating before me and now she was looking through all the channels on TV

"Any lessons today?" I asked her when I sat down in the couch

She shaked her head negatively and I nodded back.

Nice words with deep meaning I can't lie.

"You know my birthday is getting closer" she suddenly said

7 January. 10 days before mine
Even our birthday were close

We are Winter's kids as everybody in our families said.

She's turning 19 this year, almost two decades with her and time passed so fast that we didn't realize it.

"I thought about making a party instead of spending the day just with you again"  she said and I turned my whole attention on her words

"What do you mean? You don't like my company?" I said trying to act that I got offended

"No little child. I love your company but I thought what if we called your band mates so we can know each other better. Especially Joel, I don't think he actually likes me" she said hugging a pillow

Her habit since she was 12. She couldn't sit in a place without having a pillow in her arms. I couldn't understand why she was doing it but she always was trying to convince me that it was really comfortable. If she feels okay with it I'm absolutely fine though

But for what she said about Joel I think it's actually true. He always acts strangly when we are in the same room with Kristy and I don't know the reason even if I've asked him about it he didn't say nothing.

It is really a good idea to get to know them better and I'm already sure that Joonas is in. Our party animal

"Sounds fine by me. I'm sure they wanna know you and their for sure down for free alcohol" I laughed

"Especially Joonas" she replied

She knows them less that a month and has already understood their characters especially Porko. He's the most social person and opens up to everyone really fast.

The only one that would be hard for her to understand is Joel. He's a really close as a person and doesn't like talking about himself or his life in general.

"So a party here is okay?" She asked me and she already seemed really excited about it

I couldn't say no to her. Not when it had to do with her b'day and I actually would enjoy and need a party the following days.

Even just preparing it it's fun and we need to enjoy life even if we're gonna have a hangover for more than two days but she's a heavy drinker.

She manages to drink more than I do and still walk straight and talk perfectly fine.

Those genetics are gonna destroy us one day.

"On January 7th we're having a party here" I said and she immediately came to hug me

"Thank you" she mumbled in the crook of my neck and I smiled

I enjoyed making people happy, and when it's about my best friend I'm more than glad to do anything that's gonna make her happy.

*Author's note

Got a Niko pov earlier that I expected but yea okay.
It actually hurt to write this but I won't reveal yet why...
Enjoy 🖤