Chapter Sixty-Nine

The blonde alien shot up in her bed, she was woken from her nap by her phone ringing, she answered it and it was Elijah, who told her everything that had happened and it turned out that Cassie was right when she suggested that maybe Celest was the witch brought back in Davina's place, Hayley killed her, and not too long after that Davina came back to life.

After they hung up Cassie let out a breath, and thought back to her dream, well it was more like a vision and she pulled up her little sister's contact and called her.

"Hey, Cass what's up?"

The older blonde blew out a breath, "Hey Care, this is gonna sound weird but I need you to make sure mom, goes to the doctor and gets checked for cancer, I'm pretty sure it was a vision, and mom was diagnosed with cancer and it was diagnosed to late to actually treat it..."

Caroline breathed out a surprised breath "wow okay that's really bad, I promise I will make sure mom gets checked, as soon as we hang up I will get her to make the appointment."

"all right, I just don't want ot take the chance."

"Of course Cass, I don't want anything to happen to mom either." so they spoke for a few more minutes before hanging up Cassie got up and changed her clothes and got ready, she grabbed her back and the blonde alien was headed, to see the Claire witch. She had just walked pasted Astrid's room and heard noises coming for inside, Astrid had been kind of distant lately and Cassie was worried about her so she paused she would go and see Davina after she spoke to her sister.

Cassie knocked on the door "Sissy?"

"Come in." Cassie opened the door and walked into the room, Astrid smiled at her sister "hey baby what's up?"

Cassie smiled back at her "just wanted to check in on you... are out okay?"

"Of course baby, why wouldn't I be?" Cassie could tell something was bothering her sister, but she didn't want to push her to talk about it if she didn't want to and since Astrid hadn't brought it up she figured she didn't want to talk about it.

Cassie sat her bag down on the floor by her sister's bed and sat down with her "well I'm just worried about you sissy, that's all I've noticed you've been more distant lately that's all."

Astrid smiled at her "I am fine." then she sighed then Cassie noticed her sister look at a strange-looking device sitting on the bed in front of her.

"what's that?" she nodded toward the device.

Astrid looked at her "that baby is called an Ascendant."

Cassie nodded with a curious look on her face "and what is an Ascendant exactly?"

"well essentially it's the key to a prison world, and this one, I stole back in '94 and I have spent the last 18 years trying to figure out how the fucking thing works, and I would ask a Midgardian witch but I don't have one that I would trust enough to explain the situation too since I am not supposed to have it in the first place and If it got to the Gemini Coven that I am the one that took it then they will come after me for it."

"What is it so important to them anyway?"

Astrid smiled slightly "Because of who is locked inside the prison world that it opens, Malachi Parker, though he hated being called Malachi so he went by Kai."

Cassie noticed the look on her sister's face she recognized it "he was important to you."

Astrid smiled at her with a nod "he was very important to me, do you remember after Kol died when I said that if I could take the pain you felt losing him away that I would do it in a heartbeat?" Cassie nodded "well that is because I know how much it hurts, I don't talk about this because it always hurts too much but Kai was my soulmate."