Chapter Ten

TVD
2x20 & 2x21

Klaus looked over at the blonde "you know that's pretty cool; how did you find out that you were worthy of the hammer or ax as you called it."

Cassie couldn't help but grin as she answered his question "well I lifted Mjolnir which proved I was worthy and so after that Odin, my grandfather had Stormbreaker made for me, so I'd have my own and he gave it to me as a present for my 18th birthday."

He nodded "okay then, now is that everything?"

Cassie nodded back at him "yep that is everything Nik."

"Well then I say we head back to the loft and check on Katerina, see what she's been up to."

The blonde smirked at him "good idea." And then the two headed back to Alaric's loft.

Klaus walked in first, "where's Maddox? He should be back by now."

Cassie walked in behind him as Katherine answers him "I don't know." Klaus sits down and opens the laptop. It shows a live video of his backup werewolf Jules lying on the floor of a cellar, chained to the wall.

"What are you doing? Where's Elena?" the vampire doppelganger questioned.

"I sent her off with Greta." Klaus is looking at Jules, who's transitioning. "It's almost time." The door opens. They look at the door. "I wasn't aware you'd been invited in."

Cassie grinned seeing who was at the door 'Oh, this just got slightly more interesting.' Damon was standing behind Klaus. Like I mentioned earlier Cassie is such a whore for drama.

Damon looked smug as he spoke, "I've come here to tell you that you have to postpone the ritual."

Klaus gave him a look "Didn't we already have this conversation?"

Damon still looked smug, "yeah, but that was before I rescued your werewolf and vampire and killed your witch."

Klaus stood up looking at him "excuse me?" then he turns and faces Damon. "And you can kill me for it. I don't care. It was all...me."

Klaus looked at Katherine "Katerina, give us a moment." She looks at them and leaves the room, but Cassie stays where she was in the kitchen just watching this go down.

The soon-to-be hybrid looked at the raven-haired vampire "I've heard about you. The crazy, impulsive vampire in love with his brother's girl. I knew one of you would try to stop me. It was just a 50/50 guess on who." He shows him the video of Jules. "The nice thing about werewolves is they tend to travel in packs. Need a closer look?" Klaus throws him the cellphone so he can see better.

The smug look fell from his face, and he looked surprised "Jules."

Klaus smirks at him "When you spend a thousand years trying to break a curse...You learn a thing or two. The first rule is... always have a backup. Backup werewolf. Backup witch."

Then it dawns on Damon "backup vampire."

Klaus smirks at him again "I've got that covered, too." then Klaus snaps Damon's neck. He turns to Cassie "are you coming with me or staying here?"

She smirks at him "Oh I'm coming with you"

He nods "Alright then let's go" the blonde alien followed him out of the loft and towards where the ritual is taking place.

The two of them got there in time to hear Greta, Klaus' other witch talking to Elena "my duty is to Klaus! The new order."

The blond walked into view but Cassie stayed out of sight for now just in case he needed someone to have his back, "glad to know I still have a dance partner." He looks at Elena, Jenna, and Jules. "Hello, my lovelies. Are we ready?"

Jules, Elena, and Jenna are still contained in the rings of fire. Jules continues to moan in pain. Upon a nearby hill, Klaus retrieves the moonstone from his pocket. "I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it." Klaus hands the moonstone to Greta who takes it and looks up at the sky.

Greta looks at him "The moon has passed its apex. Remember everything you need to do?"

Klaus nodded with a smirk "I remember." Greta drops the Moonstone into a stone bowl filled with flames. Sparks fly as the moonstone is destroyed. Greta begins chanting a spell in Latin. Klaus approaches the rings of fire.

Jules still lies on the ground, moaning in pain, but looks up at Elena. "Everything I did...I was just trying to help Tyler."

Elena looks at her "Are you, Jules?"

"I didn't want him to be alone!"

Klaus looks down at Jules. "Shall we?"

The ring of fire around Jules disperses. Jules's eyes turn yellow, and she uses her werewolf speed to rush at Nik. But Klaus easily gets the upper hand and pins Jules to the ground, plunging his hand into her chest and ripping out her heart. Jules takes a final breath, tears streaming down her face, and dies. Klaus breathes heavily as he holds the bloody heart in his hands.

Elena and Jenna look on, horrified.

Greta continues chanting a spell while Klaus holds Jules's heart over the ceremonial bowl, squeezing the blood into the flames. "Does that mean it's working?"

Greta nods at him "It's working."

Over in the rings of fire, Elena watches Klaus and Greta in the distance. Jenna looks up at her, eyes glistening with tears and Cassie is, of course, listening in on them you know just so there are no surprises.

"The day that the lawyers called to tell me that I was going to become your guardian, you know what my first thought was?"

Elena looks down at her and shakes her head. "Isn't there someone else who can do this?"

"Jenna, there was no one else who could have gotten me and Jeremy through all of that."

"It's just the thought that I almost passed up taking care of you."

"But you didn't." Elena kneels down "You put your entire life on hold to help us."

"Look around, Elena. I failed you."

"No. You didn't. I failed you. I'm so sorry. Listen. Being a vampire, it intensifies your guilt. But it also makes you stronger and faster. You can fight back. I'm gonna get through this. I'll be okay. I need you to believe that. Promise me, when you get the chance..." Elena places a finger to her lips and whispers the next word "Run."

Jenna nods and whispers "Okay."

Cassie snorted with a snort, as she appeared on the other side of Elena, "please like that would actually work."

Elena looked at her surprised "Cassie?"

The blonde alien grinned at the brunette "hi, there."

"What are you doing here?"

Cassie just gave her a look, she looked completely unbothered "well you know making sure things go off without a hitch, and sweetie she can try and run but she's a newbie, he's got a millennium on her there is no way she'll outrun him."

Elena looks surprised "you're helping him?"

Cassie shrugged at her "I guess you could say that we are friends after all and isn't that what friends do? They help each other."

Elena looked confused "But how can you be any help to him you're human?"

Cassie smirked at her again, with a wink "says you." the blonde didn't see the harm in saying that since Elena was gonna be dead by the end of the night anyway.