Chapter Twenty-Five

Cassie's outfit minus the hat

I got the outfit off of Pinterest which honestly is where I've been getting most of the outfits I use for my characters.

***
Cassie woke the next morning and smiled over at Kol "Hi."

He smiled turning to look at her, before kissing her on the head, "good morning, darling."

Cassie kissed him on the cheek, "morning." She got up "I'm gonna get ready and then we can decide what we're going to do today." Cassie grabbed some clothes and walked into the bathroom, she took a shower and brushed her teeth, and did everything that she needed to do before getting dressed in the outfit that she picked out, she walked out and saw the worried look on Kol's face "what's wrong, my love?"

He looked up at her "I just talked to Nik and the Salvatores know where Mikael is, and they want to wake him up. So, they can get rid of Nik"

Cassie sat beside him and grabbed his hand "what are we going to do?"

He looks her in the eye "well for starters I am getting you as far away from this town and my father as I can, I know you handle yourself and I know that he can't hurt you but my one and only instinct here is to protect you... think of it as a vacation, I will take you wherever on earth that you want to go."

Cassie bit her lip, she knew that she wasn't gonna win that argument because if it were the other way around, that was exactly what she would do, so she nodded at him with a smile "okay but I need to talk to my mom first, I can't just leave her with nothing like I did when I left with Nik and Stefan, this way she'll know the basics of what's going on."

Kol nodded at his soulmate "okay darling, why don't you go ahead and talk to your mom, and I will handle everything else? And once you get back you can pack some stuff and then we can decide where I am taking you first."

Cassie leaned over and kissed him "okay, I'll be back soon."

Kol nodded at her "got it I'll be right here when you get back" he pulled her into another kiss, once they pulled away Cassie grabbed her keys, walked out of the room, and headed downstairs and out the door, a little while later Cassie pulled up to the station and parked before heading inside, she walked up to her mom's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

Cassie smiled walking in "hey mom."

Liz smiled at her "Hi, sweetie, what is it?"

"I just wanted to tell you face to face that we're going out of town for a little while."

Liz nodded at her "where are you going?"

Cassie shrugged but she had a smile on her face "I don't know yet, we haven't decided yet but I'll call so you don't have to worry like before."
"Thank you for telling me, Cassie."

Cassie hugged her "you're welcome mom, love you."

Liz hugged her back "I love you too."

Cassie kissed her on the cheek "I'll let you get back to work now." Cassie walked back out to her car and her phone rang as she got in, Cassie saw her younger sister's contact, so she pressed the answer button "hey."

"Hey, Cass, I wanted to apologize about last night... I'm sorry, I'm just used to you telling me everything and it kinda hurt that you didn't tell me about the whole soulmate thing, and I lashed out at you and I am sorry."

Cassie smiled "it's alright Care-Bear, I think we both lashed out a little bit there."

"Are we good?"

"Yeah, Care-Bear we're good." Cassie started her car, deciding now would be a good time to tell Caroline about the trip she was taking. "I already told mom but I'm leaving town again."

"But Cass you just got back why are you leaving again?"

"Care with what's coming... I don't know when it's coming but I do know it's coming, and I don't want to be thrown in the middle of it, so Kol and I are leaving for a while."

"I don't know what you're talking about but okay" Cassie rolled her eyes 'oh I bet she doesn't, I love her to death, but she needs better friends.'

"I'll talk to you later Care."

"Alright, Cass I'll talk to you later" Cassie hung up the phone as she pulled into the driveway. Cassie walked back up to her room and Kol was waiting on her.

"I talked to Nik again and he left town last night turns out the doppelganger's blood was what he was missing to turn werewolves into hybrids... I told him the plan and he was all for it as well."

Cassie rolled her eyes, "of course he was, so where are we going first?"

Kol smirked at her "it's up to you wherever you want to go my darling."

Cassie smiled at her soulmate thinking about all the places that she's always wanted to visit but just never got the chance to go.