Chapter Sixty-Two

The blonde alien walked into the Doctor's office on Friday, she smiled at the receptionist as she walked up to the window, "Hi, I have an appointment with Dr. Murphy."

The receptionist smiled back at her "of course, if you could just sign in here" she sets a sign-in sheet in front of her "I will let Dr. Murphy that you're here" Cassie nods, signing the sheet and taking a seat in the pretty much empty waiting room.

Kol smiles watching her from the Other Side and even though she can't feel it he lays his hand on top of the one that she has resting on her stomach.

Cassie's head snaps down to her hand feeling like something is touching her hand and Kol looks at his soulmate surprised and then the witch that helped him talk to Cassie before appears beside him and Kol looks at her, "did she just feel me touch her hand?"

The witch shrugs, "she could have... Like I said before, soulmates aren't meant to live without the other so maybe the bond that you share with Cassie, allows slight interactions like that, it's been unstudied on what happens when one soulmate dies while the other lives because to my knowledge this is the first time it's happened."

Kol sighs, looking back at Cassie, "Could you do that thing that you did before and let me talk to her again? I want to know if she could feel it."

The witch nods, "of course I can do it again, and I will, but only because I'm just as curious as you are about if she actually felt the touch."

The witch disappears again as the nurse calls Cassie back, Kol follows behind her as she walks into one of the rooms, "Dr. Murphy will be with you shortly... I just need to check your vitals" Cassie nods letting the nurse do what she needs to do.

The nurse smiles at her as she exits the room once she's finished.

A little while later the door opens and Dr. Murphy walks in, "Hello Ms. Forbes, how are we feeling today?"

Cassie smiles, "we're feeling good today... she likes my voice, she wiggles around when I talk sometimes"

Dr. Murphy smiles, "that's good... now we are gonna be checking on things with your little one."

Cassie nods, "alright then"

Dr. Murphy gets the ultrasound machine set up, and they get started she rubs the gel onto Cassie's stomach and moves the wand around "ahhh there is your baby and everything seems fine, the heartbeat is going strong" she moves the wand around a little more "oh and look at that you were right. You're having a baby girl."

Cassie smiles as Dr. Murphy finishes up, "I knew it"

Dr. Murphy prints the photos out for her "Here you are your ultrasound pictures" she hands Cassie a towel to wipe the gel off with and the blonde alien smiles taking the envelope with the pictures in it "thank you, Dr. Murphy"

The woman smiles "of course Ms. Forbes... just doing my job" they walk out of the room and get to the desk before you walk back into the waiting room "alright so for your next check-up how about we do it in 4 weeks, that'll be 22 weeks into the pregnancy?"

Cassie smiles at her, "that's fine with me."

Dr. Murphy nods, "very well, then I will see you in 4 weeks, unless you just need to see me for something."

Cassie nods "Alright we will see you then" then she walks out of the Doctor's office and Astrid who was waiting in the car smiles "so baby sis what did you find out?"

Cassie grins at her "Well... you have a niece on the way, I was right, she's a girl"

Astrid smiles, "well good for you baby... so now that it's confirmed that you're having a girl, will you tell me the name you picked out?"

Cassie smirks at her, "I'll tell you the first name, but you'll have to wait on the middle name until she's born."

The older blonde rolls her eyes but grins anyway, "okay, I can deal with that."

"Nikoletta"

Astrid smiles "awe baby sis that's adorable, I love that part of her name was after her dad that's so sweet."

For the rest of the day, the sisters did some shopping for the baby buying cute little outfits for her and things like that, it was about 7 PM when they finally got back to the Abattoir and Rebekah smiled at the two "So Cass what did you find out?"

Cassie smiles, "well, everything with your niece was perfectly fine."

The blonde original smiled, "so you were right?"

Cassie nods "yep I'm having a baby girl"

"What are you planning on naming her now that it's been confirmed that she's a girl?"

Cassie smiled at her, "I'll tell you her first name, Nikoletta."

Rebekah awed at the name, "that's so pretty, and she's named after her dad." after talking to Rebekah for a little while, Cassie headed up to her room to get ready for bed.