Chapter Sixty-Eight

Cassie opened her eyes and sighed, it had been a long few days, and she was happy that she got to see Kol right now... it was just what she needed.

Said man wrapped his arms around her from behind, his hands resting on her now very visible bump and his chin resting on her shoulder, he whispered in her ear "hey Cass, how are my girls doing?"

The blonde smiled and leaned back into him, "We're good... happy to see you, it has been a long few days."

He placed a kiss on her head, "well then darling, tell me all about it?" So the couple sat down on the couch in the room, Kol sat down first and gently pulled Cassie to sit across his lap, wanting to be as close to her as possible while he can. Once they were in a comfortable position, Cassie started telling him what had been going on.

"Alright, so this witch Genevieve, I'm pretty sure she was brought back in place of one of the harvest girls... I don't know which one though, but she took Nik and Bekah and held them in an old sanitarium, turns out Rebekah and Marcel got her killed, so she wanted revenge, so she told Nik that Rebekah and Marcel were the reason that Mikael found them in New Orleans which turns out was true they did call him because they wanted to be together and Nik wouldn't allow it, so they wanted to scare him out of the city... but yeah, so before we found out about any of this we found out that Elijah's scorned former lover Celeste managed to come back by possessing witches and a little while after we found Nik and Bekah. Elijah had told Marcel and Bex to run as far away from New Orleans as fast as they could but turns out they didn't get out as quick as they should have so that brings me back to Celeste, she trapped them in the cemetery with a barrier spell until the sun came up, anyway Nik tried to kill Bex, but Elijah was the mediator and managed to prevent that now Bex is banished from the city for the foreseeable future, but it's better than her being dead and at least she's promised to keep in touch and I made Nik promise that she could be present for the birth of her Niece in March, and he agreed to avoid facing my wrath even if it's only for a day but still I want her there... I wish you could physically be there I'm working on that but haven't heard anything yet, so I don't know when she'll come through with the spell needed to bring you back, but I promise I am working on that."

He leaned forward pecking her on the lips, "I wouldn't miss that for the world Cass even if you can't see me, and wow you were right, darling you have had a very busy few days, but knowing my siblings that really isn't anything new is it?"

The blonde alien smiled at him, kissing him again, "yeah, that is true, things usually are busy with those three." Kol laughed, making Cassie grin at him, she really missed him, but at least she had these moments with him until they found the spell needed to bring him back for good. "We still haven't figured out which witch was brought back in Davina's place, but it's something we're working on, so sooner or later. Hopefully sooner, we'll figure it out." Cassie laughed her head against his shoulder, reveling in the feeling of his arms around her again, not knowing when the next time she'll be able to feel it once she woke up from this dream.

He rested his head against hers, "well if there is one thing that I know about you darling, it's that you don't give up until you get what you want... so I know you'll figure something out." with that the couple spent the rest of their time there just talking, reveling in each other's presence, Kol had no doubt in his mind that Cassie would stick to her promise and that one day, they would be able to be in each other's presence for real and not just in dreams.