Chapter Forty-Eight

The Originals

1x01

Cassie linked arms with her sister as they walk into the bar seeing Elijah at the bar she smiles sitting beside him "Hi Eli."

He turns and smiles at her, "Hello Cassie, I'm happy you decided to come."

Cassie nods, "someone has to help keep Nik under control, so you said on the phone there was more than what you told me?"

Elijah nods at her "while you were away Niklaus slept with a werewolf girl, and now she's pregnant with his child, but he doesn't want anything to do with this child, but I believe that my brother's redemption lies with this child."

Cassie smiles "well looks like we have our work cut out for us then, but there is something else you should know..." she lowered her voice a bit so that only the three of them would hear her I found out after Sissy and I went back to Asgard, but I'm pregnant with Kol's baby obviously, I'm not entirely sure how it's possible but what I was told was that since soulmates are rare that nobody knows how powerful the magic in a soulmate bond is that it could do all kinds of things, but nobody knows for the sure the extent of the power, Frigga made me the necklace I'm wearing it suppresses my Kryptonian physiology, so it doesn't hurt the baby while I'm here on Midgard which means that I'm not at full power because as long as I'm wearing this necklace I can't access my Kryptonian powers."

Elijah nods at her, "okay, well then I will handle the more dangerous aspects of this, and you just stick to talking to Niklaus."

Cassie nods, "and one more thing, for our own protection, could you limit the number of people who know that your brother was my soulmate and that this is his baby? Because I know your family has a lot of enemies and all I want is to protect my baby, I don't need that information ending up in the wrong hands."

Elijah smiles at her, "of course Cassie, this now makes your safety along with Hayley's my number one priority." Cassie smiled at him with a nod and then Elijah gives them the address to the plantation house, "I will meet you two at that address with Hayley later but for now, head over there and make yourselves at home, it's where you will be staying while we deal with this."

They got to the house and walked inside picking out the rooms they were going to be sleeping in, which just so happen to be right beside each other.

A little while later, Astrid walks in, "Elijah and the werewolf are here"

Cassie pouts, "I'm gonna miss having my super hearing during this pregnancy"

Astrid laughs as the two head into the room where Hayley and Elijah are, "Are you alright?"

The brunette werewolf looks at him, "Just dust. This place is ancient."

Elijah nods, "Yes, it should serve our purposes. It's a sanctuary from our business in the Quarter. Right now, you and Cassie are the most important people in this family. You both need a good home."

Cassie walks up smiling at the original, "aww Eli, that's so sweet"

Hayley jumps looking at the two blondes that just walked in, "whoa, where'd you two come from?"

Cassie smiles, "sorry I didn't mean to startle you, but I'm Cassie and this is my sister, Astrid."

Elijah looks at Hayley, "So I'm curious... in all this time, has anyone asked you how you feel?"

Hayley gives him a look, "About having a miracle baby with a psychotic one-night-stand?"

Elijah shakes his head, "About being a mother."

Hayley: "I – I was abandoned when I was born, and my adoptive parents kicked me out the second that I turned into a wolf. So... I don't really know how I feel about being a mother because I... I never really had a good one."

Elijah looks at her, "I will always protect you. You have my word on that." then he looks at Cassie "You too Cassie like I told you both of your safeties are my number one priority"

Cassie smiles and sees Klaus appear in the doorway, "And noble Elijah always keeps his word."

Cassie smiles again, "Hello Nik."

The hybrid looks at his blonde best friend, "hello Cassie, how are you feeling?"

"Better, I still feel it, but I'm getting used to it."

He nods as Elijah continues, "Is it done?"

"As a matter of fact, yes. Your underhanded deal worked quite well. Marcel was only too happy to accept my blood, even as he accepted my heartfelt apologies. His man, Thierry, yet lives, and I remain a welcome guest in the French Quarter. My only concern now is this coven of impudent witches."

"I believe them to be honorable. They did release Hayley to me. Although, they haven't been entirely forthcoming. Marcel obviously has something that they need. They don't want him dead. There must be a reason why."

Cassie walks into her bedroom and sits on the bed, a little while later there is a knock on the door, she looks up and smiles, "Hey Nik."

He walks in, "Elijah told me what you told him at the bar earlier"

The blonde alien looked at him "I was gonna tell you when we had a moment, it's nothing against Hayley or anything, but I don't know her and I need to protect my child... besides you, Bex and Eli this baby is the only physical link that I have left to my dead soulmate and I made a promise to myself when I found out that I wasn't going to let anything happen to her that I would love and protect her no matter what."

He smiles, "I understand that Cassie, and how do you know it's a girl?"

Cassie shrugs, "I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling that it's gonna be a girl... I'm gonna tell you what I told Elijah, he might have already told you, but I'm telling you again. Just limit the number of people who know that your brother was my soulmate and that this is his baby. Because I know your family has a lot of enemies and all I want is to protect my baby, I don't need that information ending up in the wrong hands. During this pregnancy, I'm not gonna be able to access my Kryptonian side, meaning that I am just as vulnerable as a normal Asgardian."

He nods at her, "I got it, Cass, I will keep it quiet."

She smiles pulling him into a hug "thank you Nik" he chuckles and hugs her back "only for you though Cass, you should get some rest, I'll talk to you in the morning."

Cassie smiles "okay" he walks out of her room and Cassie gets up closing the door Cassie changes into some pajamas or well pajama pants and one of Kol's shirts, and she lays down on the bed looking at the urn on the bedside table, and sighs "I wish you were here."

Unknown to Cassie, he was crouched down right in front of her with his hand touching her cheek, "I am here, I just wish you could see me, darling."